- "Are the speeders ready?"
"Not yet. We're having some trouble adapting them to the cold."
- ―Han Solo and the Deck Officer
The T-47 airspeeder, also known as the T-47 light airspeeder, was a model of low-altitude vehicle manufactured by Incom Corporation. When the Alliance to Restore the Republic was stationed on the icy planet of Hoth, a contingent of T-47 airspeeders were modified to become ground attack, low-altitude fighters called snowspeeders. Hoth's extreme cold temperatures were too severe for these craft; the power generators would lock up since they ran hot, requiring a large bank of heat radiator fins for essential cooling. Rebel technicians modified the T-47 airspeeder by insulating each radiator fin with side panels to decrease the heat exchange in order to better suit the new environment.
A small, wedge-shaped vehicle, the Alliance snowspeeder was a two-man craft, with a pilot and a rear-facing tailgunner with a speed of 1,100 kph. It had two heavy, forward-facing laser cannons and a harpoon cannon placed ahead of the tailgunner. During the Battle of Hoth, these snowspeeders used tow cables to easily disable All Terrain Armored Transport walkers by firing the tow cable and chasing it out around the walker's legs, stopping its locomotion and immobilising the walker.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Lost Stars
- Lost Stars webcomic
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Darth Vader 13: Vader Down, Part II
- Star Wars: Commander (Appears in artwork)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- AT-AT Attack!
- Star Wars: Uprising (Wreckage only)
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 75074 Snowspeeder)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as T-47 light airspeeder)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Snowspeeder on Wikipedia