The "Dumb" Energy Quarrel was a type of explosive energy quarrel produced by Kelvarek Consolidated Arms that was used in the company's MM9 rocket system. Produced at some point before 0 ABY, the quarrels were much less effective than a blaster pistol and had a range of sixty meters when fired from the rocket system.
A "Dumb" Energy Quarrel was a type of explosive ammunition that was designed to cause energy damage upon impact. However, the quarrels were significantly less powerful than the energy bolts fired from a blaster pistol. "Dumb" Energy Quarrels had a maximum range of sixty meters and were usable in the MM9 rocket system. "Dumb" Energy Quarrels lacked a targeting system, and in the MM9 system they were used in tandem alongside other types of rockets that used homing systems.
At some point before the year 0 ABY, "Dumb" Energy Quarrels were produced by Kelvarek Consolidated Arms as a type of ammunition that could be used in the MM9 rocket system, a model of wrist rocket launcher that was also produced by Kelvarek. The quarrels were widely available in the galaxy for the price of fifty credits each, although the sale and ownership of the ammunition was restricted to individuals with the appropriate license and government approval.
Behind the scenesEdit
The "Dumb" Energy Quarrel was briefly mentioned in the Arms & Equipment Guide, a 2002 sourcebook written by Jeff Grubb and Owen K.C. Stephens for Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game. The Arms and Equipment Guide did not specify the era when the quarrels were used beyond the fact that they were used with the MM9 rocket system, which was stated to only be available for purchase during the Rise of the Empire era.
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology (First mentioned)
- Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- Arms & Equipment Guide (First identified as "Dumb" Energy Quarrel)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Arms & Equipment Guide says that the "Dumb" Energy Quarrel was used with the MM9 rocket system, which the book says was available during the Rise of the Empire era. By extension, the "Dumb" Energy Quarrel must be used in the Rise of the Empire era.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In the Arms & Equipment Guide, the "Dumb" Energy Quarrel has a range increment of six meters. The maximum range of a weapon from the Arms & Equipment Guide is ten times the range increment listed, unless the entry says otherwise.
- ↑ The Arms & Equipment Guide describes the typical blaster pistol as dealing 3D6 of damage, while the "Dumb" Energy Quarrel only deals 2D6 of damage.
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology