Manufactured by Aratech Repulsor Company, Jumpers were rocket packs that propelled their wearers by means of combustion. Their premixed fuel allowed them to operate both underwater and in a vacuum. They were usually controlled by a glove with a thumb trigger, but other methods could be jury-rigged if needed.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Aratech Jumper was first mentioned in Galladinium's Fantastic Technology, a 1995 sourcebook for West End Games's Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. In 2002, the Arms & Equipment Guide, a sourcebook written by Jeff Grubb and Owen K.C. Stephens for Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, called it the "Jumper" rocket pack. While there were some differences between the statistics featured in the two sourcebooks, both used Aratech Jumper to refer to the item.
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion (First mentioned) (As "Aratech Jumper")
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Arms & Equipment Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- ↑ Page 2 of Galladinium's Fantastic Technology states that the datalog was released at some point between the events of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, which means that the Aratech Jumper was sold during the Rebellion era.