The 104th Battalion, also known as the "Wolf Pack" Battalion, was a clone trooper military unit of the Grand Army of the Republic. Throughout the Clone Wars, the 104th served under the command of Jedi General Plo Koon. The clone squad "Wolfpack," led by CC-3636 ("Wolffe"), was part of the 104th.
Early in the Clone Wars, the 104th Battalion was part of Plo Koon's task force that attempted to track down Confederate General Grievous's secret weapon. They found the weapon, the Malevolence and its Ion cannons in the Abregado system. However, only four members, Wolffe, Sinker, Boost, and Koon survived the attack and were rescued.
The 104th then assisted in the Republic's retreat from Felucia. As Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi's and Anakin Skywalker's men were about to be overrun, the 104th deployed Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry gunships to pick up the surviving troops. After picking up the survivors, all Republic forces pulled out of the system.
Later in the war, the 104th traveled to Lola Sayu onboard four Venator-class Star Destroyers with Admiral Coburn and Jedi Masters Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Adi Gallia, and Kit Fisto to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi, Even Piell, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano. Unfortunately, Master Piell was killed before the 104th could rescue him. As the 104th dropped out of hyperspace, Masters Tiin, Gallia, and Fisto led multiple squadrons of Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighters to distract the Separatist fleet, while Master Koon flew in a Space gunship. After breaking through the CIS blockade, the four Jedi Masters flew to the pre-established rendezvous point where the survivors were picked up by Master Koon in a Space gunship.
After the rescue on Lola Sayu, the 104th was sent back to Felucia with Generals Koon and Skywalker, along with Commander Tano. They used the help of tank divisions and Felucian scouts to assault a Separatist outpost that had just recently been sent reinforcements by General Grievous. The three Jedi split up, with Koon and Tano taking control of the 104th to attack the left flank and back wall, respectively. As each group got into position to begin the attack, Koon ordered the Republic artillery to open fire, which in turn forced the Separatists to form up for a counterattack. As the Separatists opened their outpost to allow their droid soldiers to defend it, the three Jedi and their men carried out their plan of attack. Master Koon and his men successfully used jetpacks to attack the left flank, and Ahsoka covered the flank of her men as they used Ascension guns to scale the back wall. As the last clone scaled the wall, Ahsoka was captured by a Trandoshan hunter, and taken away to his ship. The 104th then secured the outpost, and in turn won the battle. They left the system the following day.
Later in the war, a portion of the 104th battalion was dispatched to Aleen along with C-3PO and R2-D2 as part of a humanitarian relief effort. Though they were enthusiastically welcomed by the Aleena, the battalion was eager to return to the front lines, causing Wolffe to be understandably confused and annoyed when the natives asked him to put the earth to rest. Despite the Aleena's continued obstinance, the 104th and the droids did their best to aid the Aleena, explaining how to use the supplies and repairing the communication station. None of the battalion's members seemed to notice that the droids went missing, and Wolffe was unable to comprehend the Aleena's attempts to tell him this information. When the droids eventually returned after putting the earth to rest, the clone troopers remained impatient with droids and skeptical of their heroics.
Sometime later the 104th battalion was called to rescue General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Captain Rex and many Togruta slaves during the Battle of Kadavo, they utilized several cables and jetpacks to rescue the Togrutans from a trapdoor under command from Plo Koon and Admiral Coburn.
In 19 BBY the 104th battalion was sent to the desolate moon of Oba Diah, where they assisted Jedi Master Plo Koon in finding Sifo-Dyas' crashed shuttle. As instructed by Plo, they took all wreckage and parts back to Coruscant.
The 104th battalion was responsible for the death of Plo Koon on Cato Neimoidia. Plo Koon was leading a squadron of Arc-170s when the pilots received Order 66 and shot down and killed their former general.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Revenge of the Sith
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (Picture only)
- (First identified as 104th Battalion)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as "Wolf Pack" Battalion)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- ↑ Escape from Kadavo
- ↑ The Lost One
- ↑ Revenge of the Sith