The 104th Battalion, also known as the "Wolf Pack" Battalion, the Wolfpack Battalion, or simply the Wolfpack, was a clone trooper military battalion of the Grand Army of the Republic. The 104th was led by Jedi General Plo Koon and Clone Commander CC-3636 "Wolffe" throughout the Clone Wars.
Before the end of the Malevolence campaign, members of 104th Battalion could be distinguished by the maroon markings on their phase I clone trooper armor. After the campaign, clone troopers belonging to 104th Battalion bore distinct dark blue markings on their armor, and the symbol was redesigned to honor their fallen comrades.[source?] Prior to the battle of Felucia, Wolffe changed the color scheme again to grey-black.
- "We're picking up a large energy reading from the target, sir."
"We're not in range yet, sir."
- ―Wolffe and Plo Koon as the Malevolence attacks their fleet
As the word came to the Jedi of a new threat, they decided to send Jedi General Plo Koon and the 104th Battalion to hunt down the new mystery weapon. The 104th Battalion managed to track the ship to the Abregado system, where they discovered it was a Subjugator-class heavy cruiser. It was best to ask for reinforcements before attacking the massive ship, but they lost contact. Plo Koon ordered Commander Wolffe to open fire at the Malevolence, but Wolffe informed that they were out of range. Unfortunately the Malevolence had already fired its ion cannon which hit the Wolfpack fleet. The fleet was now vulnerable and the Malevolence opened fire destroying them one by one. Plo ordered his troops to get to the escape pods since there was no hope in winning the battle. When the fleet was destroyed the Malevolence launched a hunter to get out and finish off the remaining escape pods. At the same time Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano arrived in the Twilight. Meanwhile the hunter had found Plo Koon's escape pod, and went to take them out. Plo, Sinker and Boost managed to get out of the pod while Wolffe kept their signal alive. Plo and his troops fought off the droids and were saved by Anakin and Ahsoka. They managed to get away from the Malevolence and reported their discovery to the Jedi Council.
Rescue on VanqorEdit
- "It's Anakin's droid, R2-D2"
"Well, R2-D2, transmit the message you so obviously need to communicate"
- ―Ahsoka and Plo Koon as R2-D2 arrives in the Jedi Temple War Room to alert them of the situation on Vanquor
When R2 managed to get to the Jedi Council and showed them the hologram of Anakin and Mace Windu inside the wrecked Endurance, Plo Koon, Ahsoka and the Wolfpack traveled to Vanqor to get them. They came down in gunships to get Anakin and Mace out of the destroyed bridge. While Plo and Ahsoka held the bridge steady, Wolffe and Comet jumped in and got Mace and Anakin onto the gunship.
- "I believe you have worn out your welcome!"
- ―Plo Koon saving the rescue team on Lola Sayu.
When it was confirmed to the Jedi that Obi-Wan and Anakin couldn't get off Lola Sayu with Even Piell and his men, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Adi Gallia and Kit Fisto went to the prison planet to extract them. They gave Obi-Wan and the rescue team the coordinates to a small island which would act as a evac-zone. As the rescue team made its way to the evac-zone, a fleet of four republic cruisers engaged the Separatist blockade. Master Plo and Commander Wolffe went down with a gunship escorted by Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia and Saesee Tiin in their Jedi starfighters. When the gunship hit ground they managed to get all the survivors onto the gunship and got back to the fleet.
Return to FeluciaEdit
- "Artillery, open fire!""
- ―Plo Koon ordering the AT-TE artillery to fire at the droid base.
During the battle of Felucia the 501st Legion and the 104th Battalion made a night assault on one of General Grievous' last outposts in the system. Anakin and Captain Rex were leading the diversion on the front gate while Ahsoka and Comet, Sinker and Boost scaled the back-wall. Plo Koon, Wolffe and their team used jetpacks to fly over the side wall and surprise attack the enemy inside. After the battle they realized Ahsoka was missing. The rest of the night they spent searching for her, until next morning when they left the system.
Mercy mission on AleenEdit
- "Look! Here's how it is: my orders are to deliver supplies and re-establish power and communication systems. Report back to the transport the moment that R2 unit has completed the download."
- ―An impatient Wolffe to C-3PO about the mission on Aleen
Aleen was a planet hit by natural earthquakes which had killed many civilians and left their cities in ruins. The 104th Battalion was dispatched to help them re-build and give them both food and medical supplies. During their mission C-3PO and R2-D2 disappear underground, so Commander Wolffe is unable to communicate with the Aleena without C-3PO to help translate. Fortunately the two droids solve the problem by closing the tunnel down to the "underworld", and they regroup with the 104th Battalion as they are about to leave the system.
After regrouping with Plo Koon's fleet, the 104th Battalion was deployed to free Jedi Master Adi Gallia from General Grievous's dreadnaught following Gallia's capture in the Battle of Patitite Pattuna. Koon and his forces successfully boarded the dreadnought and liberated Gallia, though Grievous fled the battle.
Investigation on Oba Diah's moonEdit
When the Jedi Temple received a distress call from T-6 Jedi shuttle 775519, Koon, Wolffe and the 104th Battalion were sent to the moon of Oba Diah to investigate. The 104th Battalion then landed on the surface and discovered the shuttle's crash site. Inside, Koon and Wolffe discovered a lightsaber that belonged to Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. Koon ordered the shuttle to be taken back to Coruscant.
- "The wolves! You got got your Wolfpack back!"
"Yeah. They fight just like the boys."
- ―Gregor and Wolffe during the Battle for Lothal
In preparation for the Liberation of Lothal, the Spectres called among many of their old allies to assist in the planet's liberation from the Empire, and among these allies was Commander Wolffe. During the liberation the Clone Wars veteran fought alongside fellow clone troopers Captain Rex and clone commando Gregor. When it appeared that the Empire had the Rebels corned, Ezra Bridger called upon a group of Loth-wolves to help against the stormtroopers. When Gregor witnessed the wolves attack, he stated that it reminded him of the clone troopers of the Wolfpack, and Woffle agreed, saying that the wolves fought just like his former unit had.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC) (First identified as 104th "Wolf Pack" Battalion)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders" (Emblem only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic" (Emblem only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Fool's Hope" (Emblem only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell" (Emblem only)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as 104th Battalion)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as "Wolf Pack" Battalion)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "A Fool's Hope"