|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
|Chief of State|
The following events took place in 10 ABY.
- "One Jedi cannot conquer the dark side alone… I guess we've proved that. Together, we were a Jedi fire that outshone his evil."
"Two are more powerful than one…three are more powerful than two."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, after Palpatine's second death
- Imperial warlords united under the Imperial Ruling Council.
- The New Republic was driven off Coruscant and the New Republic Provisional Council took refuge on Pinnacle Base, located on Da Soocha V.
- Emperor Palpatine returned in a clone body and took control of the new galactic Dark Empire.
- Amidst the chaos, neutral worlds formed protective federations such as the Dawferim Selfhood States and Botor Enclave. Lianna instituted home rule.
- Fulfilling the prophecy of Bodo Baas's Master, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker pledged himself to the reborn Palpatine, but was soon turned back by his sister, Leia Organa Solo, and they destroyed Palpatine and all but one of his clones.
- Leia Organa Solo took the Tedryn Holocron from the resurrected Palpatine.
- New Republic hero Kyle Katarn prevented an attack against Altyr V.
- Force adept Mara Jade turned Kyle Katarn away from the dark side on Dromund Kaas.
- Vima-Da-Boda's lightsaber was destroyed by Palpatine on Byss.
- Luke Skywalker turned former Old Republic Jedi Kam Solusar away from the dark side.
- Destruction of Da Soocha V by the Galaxy Gun forced the New Republic Provisional Council to relocate to the Space City over Nespis VIII.
- Destruction of the Space City along with the Pelagia by the Galaxy Gun
- The New Republic Provisional Council took refuge on Dac.
- New Alderaan was taken over by the Empire under the leadership of Palpatine.
- Pure-blooded Theelin became extinct, despite the New Republic's best efforts to save them.
- "Curse you, Jedi. I don't care if you're a million years old—No one imprisons a Dark Jedi!"
- Pre-Shadow Hand campaign
- Battle of Corellia
- Battle of Trellen
- Battle of Orinda
- Battle of Ord Mantell
- Battle of Dorin
- Battle of Bilbringi
- Battle of Palanhi
- Battle of Borleias
- Battle of Drearia
- Battle of Uviuy Exen
- Battle of Brentaal
- Battle of Bandomeer
- Battle of Obroa-skai
- Battle of Kaikielius
- Battle of Metellos
- Battle of Coruscant
- Battle of Aargau
- Battle of Cal-Seti
- Battle of Anaxes
- Operation Shadow Hand
- Mission to Skeebo
- Showdown on Orkana
- Leia: "Luke! I feel the Force."
- Palpatine: "No!"
- Luke: "Yes. It's surrounding the Emperor, cutting him off from all the power he poured into the storm."
- ―Leia Organa Solo and Luke Skywalker cut Palpatine off from the dark side[src]
- "Retreat from Coruscant"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Dark Empire (First appearance)
- Boba Fett: Bounty on Bar-Kooda
- Boba Fett: When the Fat Lady Swings
- Boba Fett: Murder Most Foul
- Dark Empire II
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- "Boba Fett: Mystery Man in Not-So-Shining Armor"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1 (Indirect mention only)
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Beware the Sith
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Sith Wars
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology establishes the start of this era as 4 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Dark Empire
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 8.11 8.12 8.13 8.14 8.15 8.16 8.17 8.18 8.19 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Characters
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Boba Fett: Murder Most Foul
- ↑ Boba Fett: Bounty on Bar-Kooda
- ↑ Boba Fett: When the Fat Lady Swings
- ↑ 14.00 14.01 14.02 14.03 14.04 14.05 14.06 14.07 14.08 14.09 14.10 14.11 14.12 14.13 Dark Empire II
In other languages