Ord Mantell, settled 12,000 BBY
|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
The year 12,000 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY) was a span of time that featured continued expansion of Galactic Republic boundaries. Explorers and settlers had been continuously and steadily expanding the boundaries of Republic space in the years prior. In 12,000 BBY, explorers and colonists from Corellia established a settlement on the planet Ord Mantell, a world in a previously unexplored area of the Mid Rim. There, the settlers created an advanced military outpost.
During the years of the Old Republic, the governing body gradually but steadily expanded its boundaries. Most of the settlements, however, were in a wedge-shaped region of space known as the Slice. Aside from occasional protrusions into unknown areas and isolated settlements, most of galactic society lived within the confines of known hyperspace routes and the established hyperlanes. Settlers and explorers, however, continued to search the wild and unexplored areas of the galaxy. In the years leading up to 12,000 BBY, this steady advancement continued.
The expansion of the Republic continued in 12,000 BBY as colonists from Corellia continued to explore uncharted space. A group of colonists settled on the Mid Rim world of Ord Mantell. The colonists established an advanced military outpost on the planet for the expanding Republic, even though it was isolated from Republic space by uncharted area. This planet was an Ordnance/Regional Depot (Ord) world whose purpose was to also protect Human colonists in the surrounding systems. Elsewhere, the Ithorians of Ithor had their first contact with the Republic, further expanding the reaches of known space.
- Ord Mantell is settled and established as an advanced military outpost for Old Republic colonists.
- The Ithorians make contact with Republic space.
- The New Essential Chronology (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Simple math was used based upon the dating schemes in The Old Republic timelines.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5,000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1,000 BBY following the Seventh Battle of Ruusan. Using simple math based upon other confirmed dates, the date of 11,000 was derived.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1,000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ This date is derived from simple math based upon the calculation of other dates from the Great ReSynchronization
- ↑ The Essential Atlas states that the Battle of Yavin occurred in year 35, which is the zero point of the BBY/ABY year-notation system, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Great ReSynchronization's year-notation system is thirty-five years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 The New Essential Chronology