|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
The year 16,782 Before the Battle of Yavin (BBY) was a year in the Indecta Era of the Galactic Republic. In the years following the first Alsakan Conflict, the Republic's galactic expansion came to a near halt. During this time, however, the Celebratus Archive was founded on the planet Obroa-skai. The archive grew to include complete records for over 300,000 different species. Its creation helped to build the reputation of Obroa-skai, and the library itself gained fame nearly 7,000 years later.
The Galactic Republic's boom and expansion during the Great Manifest Period had come to an abrupt end in 17,000 BBY with the outbreak of the first Alsakan Conflict. The fighting marked the beginning of the Indecta Era, a period of time in the Republic that saw little Rimward growth and expansion. As the Indecta Era continued, however, the Republic began to make contact with previously unknown sentient species who lived on the Rimward frontier, increasing the diversity of the known galaxy.
The galaxy in 16,782 BBYEdit
In the year 16,782 BBY, as the Indecta Era continued, the library known as the Celebratus Archive was established on the planet Obroa-skai. The archive was a massive collection that featured complete records of over 300,000 species.
The creation of the Celebratus Archive helped to secure the reputation of Obroa-skai as a primary center for research. The massive archive was also remembered in 10,000 BBY by the historian Vicendi, who included the library in his list of the Twenty Wonders of the Galaxy, a part of the text Arturum Galactinum, which was written as an homage to the founding of the Republic.
- The Celebratus Archive was established on Obroa-skai
Behind the scenesEdit
The year 16,782 BBY makes its only appearance in the text of The Essential Atlas, in the section regarding the Twenty Wonders of the Galaxy. The New Essential Chronology, however, does provide an overview of the Indecta Era, which includes the year. Nevertheless, the only explicit mention of events occurring in 16,782 BBY is in the Atlas.
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Simple math was used based upon the dating schemes in The Old Republic timelines.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5,000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1,000 BBY, following the Seventh Battle of Ruusan. Date derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1,000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ This date is derived from simple math based upon the calculation of other dates from the Great ReSynchronization.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas states that the Battle of Yavin occurred in year 35, which is the zero point of the BBY/ABY year-notation system, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Great ReSynchronization's year-notation system is thirty-five years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology