A list of events in 1977 related to Star Wars.
- 06 – Genevieve O'Reilly is born.
- 11 – Mark Hamill is injured in a car accident, requiring facial reconstructive surgery.
- 29 – Anna Acton is born.
- 12 – Star Wars 1 is published. The cover date is July.
- 14 – Sarah Michelle Gellar is born.
- 22 – ILM concludes filming for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with a Star Destroyer shot (shot 110P).
- 01 – The first public preview screening of Star Wars takes place in San Francisco.
- Star Wars 2: Six Against the Galaxy is published. The cover date is August.
- 12 – Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker re-released.
- 25 – Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope released under the title Star Wars.
- Star Wars 3: Death Star! is published. The cover date is September.
- 06 – Bradford Young is born.
- 10 – Gwendoline Yeo is born.
- 13 – Kari Wahlgren is born.
- Star Wars 4: In Battle with Darth Vader is published. The cover date is October.
- Star Wars 5: Lo, The Moons of Yavin! is published. The cover date is November.
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 1 is published.
- 13 – Euan Morton is born.
- 30 – Nalini Krishan is born.
- Star Wars 6: Is This the Final Chapter? is published. The cover date is December.
- The Star Wars Sketchbook is published.
- 01 – Adrienne Wilkinson is born.
- 15 – Tom Hardy is born.
- Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils! is published. The cover date is January.
- Pizzazz 1 is published.
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 1 is published.
- 19 – Star Wars released as La Guerre des Etoiles in France.
- 20 – Sam Witwer is born.
- 21 – Delilah S. Dawson is born.
- 27 – Mat Lucas is born.
- Star Wars 8: Eight for Aduba-3 is published. The cover date is February.
- Pizzazz 2 is published.
- The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Star Wars is published.
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on a Wasteland World! is published. The cover date is March.
- Pizzazz 3 is published.
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 2 is published.
- 25 – Star Wars released as La Guerra de las Galaxias in Mexico.
- Del Rey founded.
In other languages