| General information
- "What's with the Moff-sized egos?"
- ―Gunn Yage
1st Imperial Center Core Defense Squadron, better known as Skull Squadron, was an elite Predator-class fighter squadron in the Imperial Navy. The squadron was initially loyal to Darth Krayt's Empire before defecting to Emperor Roan Fel's Empire-in-exile during the Attack on the Hidden Temple.
During the Second Imperial Civil War, Skull Squadron remained loyal to the usurper Emperor Darth Krayt, and was permanently stationed at Skull Squadron Hangar on Coruscant, under the direct command of Moff Rulf Yage. It was at this time led by Captain Gunn Yage, daughter of Rulf Yage and Moff Nyna Calixte, while other pilots in the unit included Jae Akura, Brodie Coburn, and Tev Rimon.
Skull Squadron pursued the Mynock, but lost it in the lower levels of Coruscant. They later confronted it at the Temple of the Sith but were forced to pull back under orders of High Moff Morlish Veed.
Some time afterwards, the Skulls were assigned to support the Sith pilots of the First Sith Imperial Strikeforce sent by Regent Morlish Veed to capture Roan Fel as part of Operation: Thunderstroke. The Skulls resented being relegated to a role subservient to the Sith and being forced by Sith Lady Darth Rauder to pilot prototypes of Sith-designed starfighters instead of their trusted Predators. The operation was a success with the capture of Princess Marasiah Fel.
The Skulls were then assigned to take part in Darth Krayt's attack on the Jedi Hidden Temple on the planet Taivas. During this battle however they become disgusted with the tactics of Darth Krayt when Krayt's Sith Troopers caused the death of many Sith-Imperials as well as the killing of children, so they followed Captain Yage in defecting after she killed Darth Rauder. The Skulls retreated to Bastion with other defecting Sith-Imperials and their new allies.
The Skulls later participated in the Battle of Coruscant, flying alongside Twin Suns and Rogue Squadron. While Twin Suns stayed behind to fight Annihilators, Rogue and Skull Squadrons had to destroy planetary targets on Coruscant. They were successful but at the cost of a Rogue, as the battle continued, Annihilators pounded the the Squadrons taking more fighters. But with Skywalker killing Darth Krayt, all the Sith Troopers went mad and took suicide runs. This brought the end to the battle as the other Sith fled.
- Star Wars: Legacy 14: Claws of the Dragon, Part 1 (First appearance) (First identified as Skull Squadron)
- Star Wars: Legacy 15: Claws of the Dragon, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 19: Claws of the Dragon, Part 6
- Star Wars: Legacy 37: Tatooine, Part 1
- Star Wars: Legacy 39: Tatooine, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 45: Monster, Part 3
- Star Wars: Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 2
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 3
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 4
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 5
- Star Wars: Legacy 0 (First mentioned)
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (First identified as 1st Imperial Center Core Defense Squadron)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia