2-1B was a 2-1B surgical droid that was a member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Along with FX-7, 2-1B was stationed at Echo Base on Hoth and treated Luke Skywalker with bacta after he had been attacked by a wampa. 2-1B also treated Skywalker after his hand was amputated in a duel with Darth Vader on Bespin.
2-1B had long experience with humans, giving him a caring bedside manner. It was thanks to this that Skywalker specifically requested 2-1B's treatment following the loss of his hand. He was also able to perform extremely precise operations that left little to no scar on his patients.
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as 2-1B)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Droid Factory
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ In the one-shot comic book Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb, it is established that medical droids belong to class one, i.e. the first degree.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back