Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Humanoid in appearance, all 2-1B series droids were equipped with encyclopedic memory banks. Their memory banks and modular limbs helped ensure that the droids gave the best course of medical treatment in any given medical situation. The droids also had stabilizing feet, hydraulic legs, vocabulators, hydraulics covered by a transparent shell, and some even had hypodermic injectors.
The droid TB-2 was a 2-1B droid stationed on the G9 Rigger freighter Twilight during the Clone Wars. He was originally a hologram, but was eventually uploaded into a body and stationed on the Venator-class Star Destroyer Resolute.
Other notable 2-1Bs were used on worlds such as Naboo, Alderaan, and Coruscant. One droid became a bartender working at Chalmun's Cantina on Tatooine. Other notable droids were also stationed on the Resolute and the Kaliida Shoals Medical Center.
2-1B was another notable surgical droid. He served the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and operated on the Alliance Commander Luke Skywalker. The droid treated Skywalker with bacta after he was attacked by a Wampa, and was later personally requested by Skywalker to treat him again after Skywalker lost his hand to Darth Vader.
The 2-1B droid 2MED2 served the Resistance during the First Order–Resistance conflict, and was assigned to help a team of Resistance fighters transport the First Order RA-7 protocol droid O-MR1, who was believed to know the location of Admiral Gial Ackbar, who had been captured by the First Order. On the way back to the Resistance base, the team's ship crashed on an unknown planet and the only survivors were 2MED2, O-MR1, the Protocol droid C-3PO, the Construction droid CO-34, and the two Security droids PZ-99 and VL-44. The group of droids worked together to get home, but along the way every droid except C-3PO and O-MR1 were destroyed by creatures native to the planet. 2MED2 was destroyed in an attack from a Can-cell.
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as 2-1B surgical droid)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising (As "Medical Droid")
- Star Wars: Droid Factory
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ In the one-shot comic book The Phantom Limb, it is established that medical droids belong to class one, i.e. the first degree.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Phantom Limb
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "2-1B Delta"