The 212th Attack Battalion was a Grand Army unit of clone troopers under the leadership of Clone Commander Cody and Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi during the Clone Wars, a galaxy-wide conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Troopers assigned to the 212th were distinguished by the orange markings on their Phase II battle armor. Composed of smaller units such as Ghost Company, the 2nd Airborne Company, Parjai Squad, and Foxtrot Group, the overall 212th Battalion was attached to the 7th Sky Corps, a division within the Third Systems Army.
Throughout the Clone Wars, the clone soldiers of the 212th fought in numerous battles across the galaxy and participated in the Republic attack on the planet Utapau in 19 BBY. During this battle, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine—the public persona of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious—issued Order 66 and sentenced the entire Jedi Order to summary execution. Like most of Clone Army, Commander Cody and the 212th troopers obeyed the order, and unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate General Kenobi. Shortly afterward, the Republic was reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, a New Order under the absolute rule of the newly-anointed Emperor Palpatine. The 212th, along with the rest of the remaining clone units, served as the basis of the Stormtrooper Corps.
During the Battle of Christophsis, Commander Cody and the 212th aided Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. After being breached unexpectedly by droid forces, it was soon revealed that one of their brothers was a traitor. Cody helped Rex hunt down the traitor who was none other then Slick. During the Separatist counter attack, the 212th Battalion, along with Torrent Company, helped beat back droid forces.
In the Battle of Ryloth, Ghost Company helped Kenobi eliminate several proton cannons to allow ground invasion forces to land. After encountering starved gutkurrs, the squad created a diversion while Kenobi and troopers Waxer and Boil helped the general destroy the cannons, and the Acclamator assault ships were able to land. The invasion forces were able to land, and marched to the capital city of Lessu and liberate the planet from Separatist enslavement.
In the Second Battle of Geonosis, General Kenobi, Cody and the 212th were the first to land on Geonosis. Kenobi crashed, Cody sent Waxer and Boil to retrieve Kenobi from enemy lines and return with the wounded Jedi Master. They were able to hold out against the Geonosians until Generals Skywalker's 501st and Ki-Adi-Mundi's forces arrived with air support.
In the Battle of Umbara, General Kenobi's forces were among many to attack the world and siege the capital. Obi-Wan called on General Pong Krell, who was the interim commander of the 501st in Skywalker's absence, to help aid the siege through various means. While the 212th primarily sieged the capital itself, Krell ordered a platoon led by Waxer to search the forests for enemy guerrillas disguised in 501st armor, unaware that the 501st were given the same order. The 212th and 501st cut each other down with blaster fire and mortars until the captain in charge of the 501st realized they were shooting at fellow clones. Waxer had been fatally wounded but was able to tell Rex that Krell gave the order. The survivors of the platoon joined the 501st in attacking and capturing, at great cost, the traitor, General Krell.
When General Kenobi was tasked with tracking down and eliminating the Separatist Supreme Commander, General Grievous, he took two battalions with him to the Utapau system—one of which was Cody's unit. Cody's commandos stormed Grievous's stronghold on the tenth level of Pau City, and kept his droid forces at bay while Kenobi faced the General himself in single combat. The clones would take heavy casualties in the battle, mainly due to the superior numbers of droids, but would eventually gain the advantage.
Although Obi-Wan defeated Grievous, matters took a turn for the worse when Darth Sidious transmitted Order 66 to Cody. An AT-TE walker opened fire on the general, sending him to his apparent death hundreds of feet below. The clones went on to destroy the remaining battle droid forces on Utapau, and, as per the new Emperor's orders, subjugated the planet.
- Battle of Teth
- Battle of Christophsis
- Battle of Ryloth
- Second Battle of Geonosis
- Battle of Umbara
- Attack on Obi-Wan Kenobi's fleet
- Battle of Moorjhone
- Battle of Sarrish
- Battle of Coruscant
- Battle of Utapau
Units within the 212th Attack Battalion
2nd Airborne Company
The 2nd Airborne Company made huge drops from high altitudes, with specialized armor and a specialized helmet to do so.
Ghost Company notably helped General Kenobi during the Battle of Ryloth.
Parjai Squad is a part of the 2nd Airborne Company.
- The Clone Wars: Shadowed
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film / novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Routine Valor
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned in hologram only) (As "212 Battalion")
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Mentioned only)
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizard (Non-canonical appearance)
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22" (First appearance)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith game
- Star Wars Battlefront: Mobile Squadrons
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Order 66
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG: Clone Wars
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- Hasbro.com 
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ Republic Commando: True Colors
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Labyrinth of Evil
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)