- "This next one goes out to the Mud-Jumpers of the 224th, slugging it out on Mimban. Keep your heads down and your seals tight, boys."
- ―Hologram VJ
During the Clone Wars, it was known as the 224th Division of the Grand Army of the Republic. A detachment of the 224th known as the Mud Jumpers fought on Mimban. The division later returned to Mimban as the Galactic Empire sought to pacify the world and quell a rebellion that had formed there. Corporal Han Solo was a member of the 224th Imperial Armored Division and fought with them before he defected from Imperial service.
Under the Empire, the 224th Imperial Armored Division utilized All Terrain Defense Turrets as mobile artillery, Y-45 armored transport hauler airborne transports, and both wet-weather gear stormtroopers and swamp troopers as specialized swamp terrain infantry.
Behind the scenesEdit
The 224th was first mentioned in "Rookies," the fifth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on October 24, 2008. It was later depicted as an Imperial military unit in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew
- (First pictured)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as 224th Imperial Armored Division)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"