2BB-2 was a blue-plated BB-series astromech droid in the service of the Resistance. It was on board the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus during the evacuation of the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar in around 34 ABY. After the destruction of the Raddus's bridge, 2BB-2 attended a meeting where command of the Resistance was granted to Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo.
2BB-2 was a BB-series astromech droid that served in the Resistance during its war against the First Order. Around the year 34 ABY, it was among the forces on board the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus while the Resistance evacuated from its base on the planet D'Qar. 2BB-2 was on the cruiser's command bridge when a fleet of First Order vessels arrived above D'Qar and attacked the retreating Resistance.
The Resistance fleet managed to successfully escape its foes and jump to hyperspace; however, upon arriving at its destination it immediately came under attack from the First Order again. 2BB-2 at some stage exited the command bridge, which was then destroyed, killing all who had remained there except for General Leia Organa.
The droid then attended a meeting elsewhere on the Raddus' ventral emergency bridge where Commander Larma D'Acy announced the casualties caused by the loss of the bridge and named Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo as the Resistance's new leader while Organa recovered from her injuries. A small portion of the Resistance ultimately survived the attack and escaped from the First Order on the planet Crait.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The body still has the basic six circular panels, but now other panels break up the Y-sections and intersect those circular panels. The head still keeps the eyes, protected by a cowling, but breaks up the dome to reveal the inner workings."
- ―Jake Lunt Davies describes 2BB-2
2BB-2 was created as a prop for the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. It was revealed prior to the film's release as part of the Force Friday promotional event on September 1, 2017, where it appeared in the "Find the Force" feature of the Star Wars app. Concept art of 2BB-2 titled "Rebel BB Head Design 01" was produced by creature concept designer Jake Lunt Davies for The Last Jedi and included a deconstructed diagram of the droid's new head design.
In the Star Wars Blips non-canon animated short "Fan Droids," released on September 3, 2017, 2BB-2 and several other Resistance droids are shown watching a holographic projection depicting the past exploits of the astromech droid R2-D2. 2BB-2 then spots R2-D2 approaching the group and the droids all become extremely excited as he passes.
- 2BB-2 on Find the Force (First mentioned)
- BB-8 on the Star Wars App-Enabled Droids by Sphero (Screenshot)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2BB-2 on Find the Force
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens to 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the events of The Force Awakens, it must also take place in approximately 34 ABY.
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Blips – "Fan Droids"