The Sacking of Coruscant
|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
- "Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers over the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned."
- ―Darth Malgus during the invasion of the Jedi Temple
The following events took place in 3653 BBY.
- Republic and Imperial delegates meet for an peace conference on the planet Alderaan.
- A Sith strike team under the command of Darth Malgus and Lord Adraas attack and destroy the Jedi Temple, disabling Coruscant's defense grid.
- The Sith Lord Darth Angral leads an Imperial armada in attacking and conquering Republic capital in what would become known as the Sacking of Coruscant.
- Faced with an Imperial occupation of the capital, the Republic delegation is forced to sign the Treaty of Coruscant and end the Great Galactic War, retreating from many battlefields and ceding the Empire important systems.
- The Cold War begins as the two galactic powers begin to rebuild.
- A flock of xuvvas latch onto a subterranean power conduit near the city of Jiguuna on Nal Hutta, and the creatures sap enough power to black out half of Jiguuna.
- "You were deceived. And now, your Republic shall fall."
- ―Darth Malgus
- Sacking of Coruscant
- Skirmish in the Ancient Crystal Cave
- Skirmish in the Yinta Lake spaceport
- Duel in the ruins of the Jedi Temple
- Battle of Dantooine
- On Alderaan
- On Balmorra
- On Coruscant
- On Dantooine
- On Korriban
- Captain Sivill
- On Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only) (Events only)
- The Essential Atlas
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of the two bordering eras as 3950 BBY and 2000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas states that the Battle of Yavin occurred in year 35, which is the zero point of the BBY/ABY year-notation system, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Great ReSynchronization's year-notation system is thirty-five years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Xuvva"
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
In other languages