Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The year 36,453 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY) was a period of time in the pre-Republic era. That year marked the Tho Yor Arrival—the eight Tho Yor pyramid ships became active and traversed the galaxy, picking up Force-sensitive passengers of over a dozen species from many different worlds. The Tho Yor then traveled to the Deep Core world of Tython, where they gathered around the ninth and largest Tho Yor. The Tho Yor Arrival sparked an immense Force Storm, the strength of which would go unrivaled for almost ten thousand years, as Tython reacted to the presence of so many Force-sensitives. The Tho Yor then scattered themselves across Tython, and the pilgrims soon formed the Je'daii Order, a Force-using organization that strove to maintain balance between the light and dark sides of the Force in both themselves and the world around them.
Behind the scenesEdit
The novel Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void, which first named the Tho Yor Arrival, erroneously placed the event in the year 36,463 BBY.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 4
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 5
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.