|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
The following events took place in 38 BBY.
This year was known as Year 3 before the Great ReSynchronization.
- A pilot retired from the Republic Starfighter Corps.
- Mazie and Berri are captured in a slave raid on Tatooine.
- Padmé Amidala, then known as Padmé Naberrie, joins the Apprentice Legislature.
- A Republic survey team crash-lands on Dagobah and begins a one-way battle to survive.[source?]
- A star going supernova destroys Shadda-Bi-Boran. Efforts are made to relocate some of the inhabitants, but they are unable to adapt to the habitats of other planets.[source?]
- Tayvor Mandirly travels to Antar 4 to settle a dispute on the Colfillini plantations there, and is brutally murdered by Raxis and Nolid. His remains are discovered by Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Shmi Skywalker Lars and Anakin Skywalker become slaves on Tatooine by getting sold by Gardulla Besadii the Elder.
- Alamar on Datar
- On Tatooine
- Wan Sandage on Ord Radama
- Orman Tagge on Tepasi
- Diric Wessiri[source?]
- Qell Tepine on Coruscant
- Mazie's husband on Tatooine
- Narro Sienar
- Podlong Foahl aboard the Aurorient Express
- Tayvor Mandirly
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Quest 3 (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia establishes the endpoints of this era as 1000 BBY and 22 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel, Chapter 2
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Wild Space
- ↑ Episode I Adventures 5: The Ghostling Children
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- ↑ Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:2:22
- ↑ Wanted by Cracken, p. 65
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Characters
- ↑ Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express
- ↑ The Clone Wars: Wild Space
In other languages