Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "There are many factions within the Sith, each attempting to take what little remains from the Jedi Civil War."
- ―Visas Marr
The year 3955 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY), also known as 302 before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC), was a span of time that marked the beginning of the Dark Wars, following the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War. After Revan led the Jedi Order and Galactic Republic in victory over Darth Malak and the Sith Empire, the Sith remnants fractured and began to war amongst themselves. Amidst the power vacuum, Sith members became warlords, claiming small territories on the fringes of the Republic and fought for supremacy against each other in an opportunistic attempt at reviving the former glory of the Empire. At the same time, the Republic began to recover from the Jedi Civil War. In response to the destruction of Telos IV, Supreme Chancellor Cressa commenced the planet-wide Telosian Restoration Project, a terraforming project aimed at making the planet habitable once again. To assist in this effort and other redevelopment projects, Aratech launched the G0-T0 droid series. At the same time, the Kanz Disorders, a secessionist movement in the Kanz sector, was still ongoing. Consumed by the recent wars and recovery, the Republic had not intervened in the conflict.
- "The Jedi Civil War brought much suffering to the galaxy, and the forces that Malak and Revan amassed against us seemed limitless. Many worlds were destroyed, trade routes disrupted, and the Republic fleet was almost decimated. While it is said that Revan and several Republic heroes and Jedi defeated Malak, in many ways Malak had already won."
The Jedi Civil War was a galaxy-wide conflict that followed in the wake of the also devastating Mandalorian Wars. The combination of two wars left the Galactic Republic reeling in commercially, politically, and militarily. Even though the Republic had defeated Darth Malak's Sith Empire at the Battle of Rakata Prime in 3956 BBY, the effects were far-flung. Worlds, such as Telos and Taris, had been destroyed through orbital bombardment; trade routes and infrastructure had been disrupted or destroyed which allowed for various Hutt Cartels or criminal organizations such as the Exchange to manipulate markets and hoard goods; in addition, the military which defended the Republic was on the verge of collapse. Similarly, the Jedi Order was in disarray from having lost many members through defection and battle.
The hero of the war was Revan, the former Dark Lord who ruled the empire until being captured in 3957 BBY. Having been redeemed, Revan successfully led the Republic to victory, creating a power vacuum in the Sith ranks.
The galaxy in 3955 BBYEdit
- "The surface of Telos was destroyed during the Jedi Civil War a few years ago. This – Citadel Station – is part of the Republic's planetary restoration initiative."
Due to the devastation from the recent wars, Supreme Chancellor Tol Cressa began large-scale rebuilding initiatives. One such was the Telosian Restoration Project, a terraforming program designed to make the world habitable following its destruction in 3958 BBY. For the Telos venture and other reconstruction efforts, the company Aratech launched the G0-T0 droid series. Round black droids, they were designed to carry out tasks of planetary administration within the confines of both Republic law and what would only benefit the project. While a G0-T0 droid was used in the administration of Telos, the responsible party for the Restoration Project was the Ithorian herd of Chodo Habat. The herd divided the planet into different zones, gradually healing the planet one portion at a time. Above Telos, the large Citadel Station was constructed to house all the operations along with the necessary business needed to accommodate the large number of employees. Moreover, the project as a whole was a test pilot to see if such an undertaking was possible on other devastated worlds.
Around this year, a daughter was born to Gelesi, a soldier serving in the Onderonian military. In addition, the Twi'lek Mission Vao and her Wookiee companion, Zaalbar, established a successful shipping business.
Sith Empire remnantEdit
The year 3955 BBY marked the beginning of the Dark Wars, a series of smaller conflicts and skirmishes that stemmed from the Sith defeat at Rakata Prime. The defeat of Darth Malak had left a vacuum, and power struggles ensued resulting in the quickly escalating Sith Civil War. The Sith remnant fractured the remaining strongholds of the Sith Empire into smaller territories. Declaring themselves sovereign warlords, they began to make war on each other with the goal of gaining or retaining whatever power they had. On Korriban, however, the destruction of the Sith Academy resulted in an insurrection there. The warring Sith massacred each other and the planet was left barren and lifeless. About this time, an expedition to the planet by Republic forces to root out any remaining Sith found it void of sentient life.
- See also: Kanz Disorders
Along the fringes of Republic space, in the Kanz sector, the secessionist Myrialites had created an independent government during the height of the Mandalorian Wars. The secessionist movement, called the Argazdan Redoubt, continued to conquer the Kanz sector abated and subjugate the peoples of the worlds, putting many into slavery. Following the Jedi Civil War, the Republic still had not intervened in the conflict. One such peoples, the Lorrdians, began to develop alternate forms of communication during this time in order to communicate against the will of their masters.
- "To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best."
The Telosian Restoration Project was not immune to corruption or scandal. Within four years, Czerka Corporation, a weapons manufacturer and commodities supplier, began trying to usurp control over the project from the Ithorian herd using bribery and other less-than legal means. Underworld criminal organizations, such as the Exchange, also began operations on Telos in an attempt to capitalize on the inflow of materials for the project. The G0-T0 droid assigned to the project confronted a paradox in its programming. The droid calculated that it was unable to benefit the project and the Republic without breaking the law. It eventually broke through its programming, becoming fully autonomous, and began to act illegally to bring about what it calculated as the best course for the Republic's efforts.
Elsewhere, the Sith continued to war against each other. Darth Traya, formerly known as Kreia, eventually began to train Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion at her academy on Malachor V. The three Sith Lords formed a frailly constructed triumvirate and consolidated power among the remaining factions. In 3954 BBY, Sion unleashed a wave of agents throughout the galaxy to begin eliminating the remaining Jedi. At the same time, the Kanz Disorders continued unabated. The slavery and subjugation lasted nearly three hundred more years until 3670 BBY.
- Supreme Chancellor Cressa starts the Telosian Restoration Project, for which Aratech launches the G0-T0 droid series.
- The Dark Wars begin.
Behind the scenesEdit
The events of 3955 BBY were first described in relation to the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War in the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, although the exact date of "3955 BBY" is not provided therein. The New Essential Chronology and Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force establish the Jedi Civil War as ending in 3956 BBY and further expand on events that occurred thereafter. The first explicit mention of the date 3955 BBY, however, appears in The New Essential Guide to Droids, which was published in June of 2006. The events depicted in The Sith Lords and the Essential Guides were largely confirmed to have taken place in 3955 BBY with the publication of the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide by Wizards of the Coast. Most recently, the details of the Kanz Disorders are described in greater detail in the Hyperspace-published short story Death in the Slave Pits of Lorrd. Previously, limited information was only provided by brief mention in The Essential Chronology, although without dating the conflict, and The New Essential Chronology.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Indirect mention only)
- The Old Republic: Revan (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Chronology (Indirect mention of the Kanz Disorders only)
- The New Essential Chronology (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First mentioned)
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (Indirect mention only)
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See entries Aratech, Cressa, G0-T0, and Telosian Restoration Project)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ The Old Republic: Revan
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4
- ↑ Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- ↑ The Essential Chronology