- "Hands up."
"My give up. My give up."
- ―3B3-888 and Bombad General Jar Jar Binks
3B3-888 was a Trade Federation B1 battle droid who served in the Droid Army of Viceroy Nute Gunray. When Gunray's forces invaded and occupied the planet Naboo in 32 BBY, the native Gungans responded by massing their own army to combat the invaders. 3B3-888 was a part of the force dispatched to eliminate the Gungans, and the droid captured two enemy officers during the resulting battle. 3B3-888 was later deactivated, like all other Federation droids on the planet, when the Droid Control Ship orbiting Naboo was destroyed.
3B3-888 was a B1 battle droid who served in Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray's Droid Army. In 32 BBY, Gunray used the forces under his command to blockade the planet of Naboo, as a sign of protest against the Galactic Senate's newly ratified taxation of trade routes. In short order, Gunray had his troops invade Naboo and occupy the planet. 3B3-888 was a part of the force stationed on the planet, under the command of OOM-9.
In response to the occupation, a substantial force of the planet's native Gungans assembled at the Great Grass Plains, headed by Bombad General Jar Jar Binks, and General Tobler Ceel. OOM-9 and a sizable army of droids, 3B3-888 included, were sent to meet the Gungans and engage them, resulting in the Battle of the Great Grass Plains. The Gungans were eventually routed, and as they retreated, 3B3-888, aided by several other B1s, captured both Binks and Captain Roos Tarpals. Shortly afterward, however, the Droid Control Ship orbiting Naboo and controlling all battle droids on the planet surface was destroyed, resulting in the instantaneous deactivation of 3B3-888 and the rest of the Federation force. Naboo's leader, Queen Padmé Amidala, later captured Gunray and reclaimed possession of the planet.
Manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata, 3B3-888 had white plating, black photoreceptors, and, like all B1 battle droids, stood 1.91 meters tall. 3B3-888 wielded an E-5 blaster rifle in combat against the Gungans. The droid also exhibited the ability to capture retreating enemies, which it implemented during the Battle of the Great Grass Plains.
Behind the scenesEdit
3B3-888 made its first appearance in George Lucas' 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The character was later identified in the Theed Palace Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace PhotoComic
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: 3B3-888) (First identified as 3B3-888)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 B1 battle droid technical specifics — Based on standard
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: 3B3-888)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization