The following events took place in 4000 BBY.
- "You want darkness, Oron Kira? I'll show you darkness!"
- ―Queen Amanoa, to Beast Lord Oron Kira
- Humans from Brentaal colonize Muzara.
- The Tallaani Shipyards are established on Tallaan.[source?]
- The Basiliskans chemically poison their own planet of Basilisk, in a last effort to defeat the Mandalorians.
- A civil war erupts on Goroth Prime between Corellian and Aqualish miners.
- A fuel mining colony is established on Peragus II. (Approximate date)
- Swoop racing first becomes popular in the galaxy.
- The Exchange gains its influence on Taris.
- The secret society known as the Krath is founded by Aleema and Satal Keto in the Empress Teta system.
- The Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma turn to the dark side and wage the Great Sith War against the Galactic Republic. This begins the Old Sith Wars.
- The Temple of Tet-Ami is constructed on Benja-Rihn by the Carthasian.
- Trade along the Ootmian is disrupted by a supernova which destroyes the Kyyr system and creates the Thornhedge Nebula.
- This coupled by the rise of the Corellian Run ended Nal Hutta's & Nar Shaddaa’s existence as a legitimate trade center and it devolves over the millennia into a crime haven.
- Jedi Knights Sidrona and Dace Diath arrived on Tatooine.
- "Very well, here is your chance to prove the power of your promises, Jedi…will you help us now, to defend our city?"
- ―Queen Amanoa, as the Beast Riders storm the Royal Palace
- "No! Nooo! The light… the light! Nooooo!!"
- ―Queen Amanoa's last words
- A Tale from the Dark Side
- "Jedi Protector"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 13
- Tales of the Jedi: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 1"—Star Wars Insider 26
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Secrets of Tatooine
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Essential Atlas
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Suns of Fortune (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ Secrets of Tatooine
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Handbook
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: Redemption 2: The Search for Peace
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ A Tale from the Dark Side
In other languages