- "Zeb, Ezra, grab all we can carry. These might help turn this day around, the fleet could sure use them."
- ―Hera Syndulla, after spotting the shield generators
The 49-v99 Deflector was a military grade deflector shield generator developed by Kuat Drive Yards and the Colicoid species for the Galactic Empire. It was easily portable, allowing to move it from one starship to another. Four to five years before the Battle of Yavin, the rebel cell of Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla managed to steal six 49-v99 Deflectors from the Empire. The rebels traded three of those deflectors to Lando Calrissian, a smuggler who agreed to help them get passage off the planet of Lothal.
- (First identified as 49-v99 Deflector)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels began approximately five years before Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, in which the Battle of Yavin takes place. The events of the episodes "Empire Day" and "Gathering Forces" established that the Galactic Empire was celebrating its fifteenth anniversary. Knowing that A New Hope takes place nineteen years into the Empire's reign, and that Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal takes place not long after that anniversary, we can deduce that this event took place anywhere between four and five years before the Battle of Yavin.