4B-EG-6 was a green-colored GNK-series power droid that diligently served the Resistance during their conflict with the group known as the First Order. The droid was stationed at the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar, where it maintained the facility's equipment while also secretly serving as a member of the Resistance droid spy network.
In the year 34 ABY, 4B-EG-6 was waiting in the base's landing zones when Resistance T-70 X-wing fighters returned victorious from the battle on Takodana and later the assault on Starkiller Base. When the Millennium Falcon left D'Qar to travel to the planet Ahch-To, the power droid was among a crowd of Resistance members who saw the starship off.
The GNK-series power droid designated 4B-EG-6 was used by the Resistance during its conflict with the resurgent political and military group known as the First Order. The droid was stationed at the Resistance's base of operations on the planet D'Qar, where it diligently worked to maintain the base's equipment, taking only periodic maintenance breaks. It was also classified and secretly served as a member of the Resistance droid spy network run by the protocol droid C-3PO, reporting what it saw and heard to C-3PO's subordinate PZ-4CO.
In the year 34 ABY, when the Blue Squadron of T-70 X-wing fighters returned from fighting the First Order on the planet Takodana, 4B-EG-6 tended to one of their ships immediately after they landed in the D'Qar base in the landing bay opposite the YT-1300 light freighter known as the Millennium Falcon. It then moved on to Black One, the X-wing starfighter of Black Leader Poe Dameron.
The droid was once again present in the bay opposite the Falcon's landing zone when the Resistance's pilots returned to D'Qar after successfully destroying the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon. When the scavenger Rey left D'Qar aboard the Falcon in order to travel to the planet Ahch-To shortly afterward, 4B-EG-6 was standing with fellow Resistance droid B-U4D being checked over by another member of the Resistance before both droids joined the large crowd that had gathered to wave the freighter off.
Like all GNK power droids, 4B-EG-6 stood 1.1 meters tall and was manufactured by Industrial Automaton. It was built with a pair of legs so that it could walk to where it was needed and provide power with its internal fusion generator. It was green in color with red markings on its front panel and a yellow strip on its rear panel.
Behind the scenesEdit
4B-EG-6 first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, released on December 18, 2015. The droid was not identified in the film, but its name was revealed in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with Episode VII.
In the Star Wars Blips non-canon animated short "Fan Droids," released on September 3, 2017, 4B-EG-6 and several other Resistance droids are shown watching a holographic projection showing the past exploits of the astromech droid R2-D2. They then become extremely excited when R2-D2 himself passes them, with the GNK droid becoming so excited that part of its front panel explodes, causing it to fall onto its back.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as 4B-EG-6)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Force Attax Extra (Card: 4B-EG-6)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all GNK-series power droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 GNK-series power droids establishes that all GNK droids stand 1.1 meters tall. The databank entry for
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which includes 4B-EG-6's appearance, take place in the year 34 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars Blips – "Fan Droids"