The RA-7 protocol droid 4D6-J-A7 served the Galactic Empire's Imperial Security Bureau as an administrative assistant on the planet Scarif during the Age of the Empire. Due to protection against intrusion that her databanks received, 4D6-J-A7 developed a conceited attitude that led to her looking down on other droids of lower station than her own. She was present in the Empire's Citadel Tower on Scarif when a battle against the Alliance to Restore the Republic began, which ultimately resulted in the tower's destruction by the Death Star superweapon.
4D6-J-A7 was an RA-7 protocol droid with feminine programming who served as an administrative assistant in the Imperial Security Bureau, an arm of the Galactic Empire's Commission for the Preservation of the New Order. During the reign of the Empire, she was stationed in the bureau's office in the Citadel Tower, a structure containing the archival Scarif vault located in the Imperial security complex on the planet Scarif.
In the year 0 BBY, she was present in the tower when the Alliance to Restore the Republic agents Jyn Erso, Cassian Jeron Andor and K-2SO managed to infiltrate the structure disguised as Imperial staff. The trio of Alliance agents passed 4D6-J-A7 within the tower while the droid was conversing with a pair of Imperial officers. The Battle of Scarif broke out soon after, resulting in the theft of the plans to the Empire's Death Star superweapon by the Alliance and the destruction of the Citadel Tower by the Death Star itself.
Given that 4D6-J-A7 was regularly exposed to highly classified information, her databanks were protected from electronic or other forms of intrusion. This led to her developing a conceited attitude and acting in an insufferably arrogant manner to droids of a lower station, neither of which affected her performance on Scarif. 4D6-J-A7 had black sensors and plating, and like all RA-7 protocol droids was manufactured by Arakyd Industries and stood 1.7 meters tall.
Behind the scenesEdit
4D6-J-A7 first appeared in the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which was released in North America on December 16, 2016. She was not identified in the film, but was given a designation by Pablo Hidalgo in the reference book Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, which was released on the same day as the film.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as 4D6-J-A7)
- Star Wars: Card Trader
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that the RA-7 protocol droid line is manufactured by Arakyd Industries. As Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide establishes that 4D6-J-A7 is an RA-7 droid, she must therefore also have been manufactured by Arakyd.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know establishes that droids of the RA-7 protocol droid line stand 1.7 meters in height. As Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide establishes that 4D6-J-A7 is an RA-7 droid, she must therefore stand 1.7 meters tall.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Tarkin