|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
The following events took place in 5000 BBY.
- The Unification Wars come to an end, with the Koros system united under Empress Teta's rule.
- Marka Ragnos dies, prompting a duel between the rival Sith Lords Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow, who both seek to succeed Ragnos. As Ragnos's spirit looks on, Sadow emerges victorious and is anointed the new Dark Lord of the Sith.
- The Great Hyperspace War—a galactic conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire—erupts when two young hyperspace scouts, Gav and Jori Daragon, accidentally make contact with the Sith.
- The Manderon Period ends.
- Sadow instigates the Great Hyperspace War in hopes of conquering the Republic, invading major Republic worlds such as Coruscant and the Koros system along the Daragon Trail hyperlane.
- King Adas's holocron is lost on the planet Ashas Ree following the death of its owner, Lord Garu.
- Sadow's forces are ultimately driven back when his forces are revealed to be largely illusions, and Sadow flees back to the Sith Empire, where he is confronted by Ludo Kressh.
- Sadow escapes after destroying Kressh's fleet just ahead of a Republic fleet pursuing him, and ultimately finds refuge on the moon of Yavin 4.
- The Sith starship Omen crashes on the remote planet Kesh, stranding its crew as the Lost Tribe of Sith, while its sister ship Harbinger is thrown into the future and arrives around 41 ABY.
- Supreme Chancellor Pultimo orders an invasion of the Stygian Caldera to wipe out the remains of the Sith Empire.
- A supernova occurs in the Moddell sector, forming the Din Pulsar. (Approximate date)
- Csilla undergoes an ice age, blanketing its surface with glaciers and forcing the Chiss species to move underground. (Approximate date)
- The symbol of the Academy of Carida is carved into the moon of Carida, earning it the name of the Mascot Moon. (Approximate date)
- Reaper's World is colonized approximately around this time.
- Battle of Kirrek
- Battle of Khar Delba
- Great Hyperspace War:
- Aarrba on Koros Major
- Gav Daragon above Primus Goluud
- Hok Daragon on Kirrek
- Timar Daragon on Kirrek
- Dor Gal-ram on Khar Delba
- Gorrm on the Starbreaker 12
- Drev Hassin over the largest moon of Phaegon III
- Horak-mul on Khar Delba
- Ssk Kahorr on the Starbreaker 12
- Shodon Ko on Koros Major
- Boyle Marcom on Kesh
- Devore Korsin on Kesh
- Ludo Kressh above Korriban
- Ooroo on Kirrek
- Marka Ragnos
- Simus on Ziost
- Tk'lokk on the Starbreaker 12
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Precipice
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Skyborn
- Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War (Appears in hologram)
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire (Appears in hologram)
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 1"—Star Wars Insider 26
- The Essential Chronology
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Essential Atlas
- The Unknown Regions
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Enter the Unknown
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Atlas establishes the endpoints of this era as 7000 BBY and 5000 BBY.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas confirms the Manderon Period ends in 5000 BBY, while The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states the Old Sith Wars start with the beginning of the Great Sith War in 4000 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 8.0 8.1
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith
- ↑ Crosscurrent
- ↑ The Unknown Regions
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Crosscurrent
- ↑ Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
In other languages