- "I think we should name the new unit the Five-oh-First."
- ―Taxtro Grave
The 501st Legion was a stormtrooper unit in the Empire of the Hand military. The original 501st Legion, an elite unit composed primarily of clone soldiers from the Jango Fett template, was indirectly involved in the creation of the unit that shared the same designation. At the behest of Senior Captain Thrawn, the Hand of Judgment—a group of renegade stormtroopers Daric LaRone, Korlo Brightwater, Taxtro Grave, Saberan Marcross and Joak Quiller—trained a new 501st Legion that was open to both birth-born Humans and aliens. Although the original 501st ceased to exist as a result of the collapse of the first Galactic Empire, its counterpart ultimately survived and ensured that the 501st remained a unit of elite Imperial soldiers.
The official reconstitution of the 501st was conducted by Senior Captain Voss Parck, in accordance with Thrawn's wish to see the legion revived in the Empire of the Hand. Detachments of the legion included Unit Aurek-Seven, a stormtrooper squad that participated in the Empire of the Hand's liberation of Kariek.
- "The 100 Greatest Things About Star Wars... Ever!"—Star Wars Insider 100
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Choices of Zahn!"—Star Wars Insider 127 (Picture only)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- "Imperial Icons"—Star Wars Insider 148
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Choices of One
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Survivor's Quest
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wall post. Timothy Zahn (August 21, 2012). Retrieved on August 27, 2012. "Yes, Su-mil's group (and all other 501st units from the Empire of the Hand) ultimately stem from the Hand of Judgment training course." (archive copy created on August 23, 2012)
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 193 ("Stormtrooper")
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare