|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
The following events took place in 52 BBY.
- Palpatine, at age 30, was elected to the Galactic Senate as representative of Naboo's sector, replacing Vidar Kim. (ReSynchronization date 17BrS:10:05)
- Oppo Rancisis began teaching at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
- The Republic Correctional Authority was formed, and established prisons on several worlds including the asteroid Oovo IV.
- Jango Fett became Mandalore of the Mandalorians following the death of Jaster Mereel at the Battle of Korda Six.
- Jedi Master Dooku sought for a diplomatic solution to the Sevarcos Dispute.
- Attack on the Lodge of the Canted Circle.
- Massacre at the Gran Protectorate Embassy.
- The Summertime War began between the Korunnai and the Balawai on Haruun Kal.
- Battle of Korda Six
- Jar Jar Binks on Naboo
- Garm Bel Iblis on Corellia
- Del Hunter
- Bolabo Hujaan on Sullust
- Owen Lars on Ator
- V-Davi on Kegan
- Gornt Seron on Korbin
- Dalla Solo on Duro (Approximate date)
- On Coruscant
- Jaster Mereel on Korda Six
- Micae and his three eldest sons on Melida/Daan
- Darth Plagueis
- Jango Fett: Open Seasons 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Jango Fett: Open Seasons 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (FAM1-2, Skywalker Family Tree)
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia establishes the endpoints of this era as 1000 BBY and 22 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Jango Fett: Open Seasons 2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (FAM1-2, Skywalker Family Tree)
- ↑ The Courtship of Princess Leia
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic 64: Bloodlines
In other languages