The 57C holocam, also known as an automatic camera, was used by Imperial forces on the first Death Star for surveillance purposes, such as in the detention block. Made by Merr-Sonn Munitions, the 57C recorded holographic images of its targets and had 360-degree coverage of the target area. While the scanners recorded excellent images, they were vulnerable to the blaster shots sent at them by Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca as their screens exploded upon being hit.
The components of the 57C included an audio pickup, motion sensor, signal transmitter, data relays, visual scanner, audio matrix, and screen.
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 3: Death Star!
- Mission to Lianna (As "autocam" and "automatic camera")
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 137 (HOL11, Holographic Technology)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology