Collector droids looked akin to floating boxes. They were two meters tall and were equipped with repulsorlift floaters, two grabbing claws, shields and a flash-freeze unit. Their task was to collect stunned organic lifeforms located by scout droids and bring them back to the base ship.
There were four of them roaming the Orellan jungles. The local Kentra thought they were demons, and when a group of Rebels landed on Orellon II, the Kentra King Jerius sent them to stop the demon threat.
The design was reused for the 87-RM Scout Collectors, repulsorlift-enabled droids resembling three-meter-tall flying garbage bins, produced by Serv-O-Droid, Inc. and later SoroSuub. They were equipped with searchlights and a pair of padded arms. They were used to retrieve biological specimens which then were placed inside a central storage cavity and flash-frozen.
It was said that a malfunctioning Collector once killed 300 colonists on the planet Corva Yag. But many felt that the colonists had stumbled upon a secret Imperial laboratory and were "silenced."
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (First appearance)
- "The Prophecy"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Cynabar's Droid Datalog"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 13
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 90 (SCO1-2, Surveyor Package and Scout Collector)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Enter the Unknown