|Chronological and political information|
Originally designed for work in ore extraction facilities, 8D8 and other members of his series were strong, solid, and simple.
Despite his programming, 8D8 retained a secret dislike for his sadistic taskmaster, EV-9D9.
Around 4 ABY, during the time that Rebels came to rescue Han Solo from Jabba, 8D8 was following EV-9D9's order by torturing a GNK power droid with a mechanical smelting device that featured a hot glowing iron.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Possible appearance)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi toy line
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: 8D8)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia