8D8 was a masculine 8D-series smelter droid owned by the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure who assisted EV-9D9 in terrorizing misbehaving droids in Jabba's Palace. He was deactivated after his master's demise.
An 8D-series smelter droid manufactured by Roche Hive, 8D8 was originally programmed to perform simple tasks in ore-extraction facilities until he came into the possession of the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure, who had him reprogrammed for sadism. While working in Jabba's Palace, he served as an assistant to the supervisor droid EV-9D9, terrorizing the droid pool to keep it in line. Shortly before the Battle of Endor, 8D8 was torturing a GNK-series power droid when EV-9D9 assigned R2-D2 and C-3PO positions within the palace's droid pool and was deactivated following Jabba's demise.
A cruel industrial droid who was reprogrammed for sadism, 8D8, like most 8D-series droids, resented the more sophisticated protocol and astromech droids. A bully, he sometimes tortured other droids for his own amusement.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy: A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as 8D8)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- (Picture only)