Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
90,000 Before the Battle of Yavin, also known as 56,547 Before the Tho Yor Arrival or 86,347 Before the Treaty of Coruscant, was a year during the Pre-Republic era. Approximately this year, on the planet of Coruscant, Galactic City stood as a many tiered settlement. This was the groundwork for the 5,127 levels, which stretched kilometers from the surface, that would exist by the time of the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
The year 90,000 BBY was mentioned in The Essential Atlas (2009). Coruscant had been established as having many levels of architecture for years before this release, as stated in Dark Apprentice (1994) by Kevin J. Anderson, and some of these levels were stated in The Courtship of Princess Leia—written by Dave Wolverton and published in 1994—to be more than ninety thousand years old by the year 8 ABY.
The structure of Coruscant was planned to be changed with the release of the video game Star Wars: 1313, which would have extended the planet's stucture to several thousand levels, numbered from the planet's core. The story would have been set five to ten years before the Battle of Yavin, or approximately twenty years before Dark Apprentice, contradicting the preexisting figure of several hundred stories that existed at the later date. With the closure of LucasArts by its owner, The Walt Disney Company, and the cancellation of that game in April 2013, this idea was not adopted because of it. Instead, while Star Wars: 1313 was still in production, a 2013 episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television show, "To Catch a Jedi," was created to tie in obliquely to the game by including levels from 1312 to 1315. A trivia slideshow on StarWars.com that accompanied the episode established the new canonical number of levels to Coruscant, increased from Dark Apprentice.
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Dark Apprentice
- ↑ The Courtship of Princess Leia
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ Episode 10.5: Star Wars: 1313 Panel. AWildPodcastAppears.com (August 23, 2012). Retrieved on August 24, 2012.
- ↑ Adam Rosenberg (July 28, 2012). Star Wars 1313 will Be the Product of an Evolved LucasArts. AWildPodcastAppears.com. Retrieved on August 24, 2012.
- ↑ Schreier, Jason (2013-04-03). Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First Assault. Kotaku. Retrieved on April 3, 2013.