The planet Eriadu
|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
900 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY) was a year in the era known as the Great Peace of the Republic. During that period of time, the Galactic Republic explored parts of the Deep Core, and settlers colonized previously unexplored regions of the Outer Rim Territories. Around 900 BBY, the five families of the Quintad oligarchy arrived on the planet Eriadu and began remaking it into a polluted factory world.
Located at the intersection of the Rimma Trade Route, the Lipsec Run, and the Yankirk Route, the planet Eriadu enjoyed a certain level of importance from the time the first colonists arrived on the world. For centuries, Eriadu was famous more for shellwork jewelry than for its industrial power.
In 1000 BBY, the Galactic Republic narrowly escaped destruction as a conflict called the New Sith Wars, which had been fought between the Jedi and the Sith for a thousand years, came to an end. The Ruusan Reformation, a collection of reforms to restructure the Republic, was announced by Supreme Chancellor Tarsus Valorum, the Galactic Senate was reorganized, and the Jedi Order was codified in Republic law as a branch of the Judicial Department.
The galaxy in 900 BBYEdit
The year 900 BBY was also known as 2,753 after the Treaty of Coruscant (ATC), a peace agreement that brought an end to the Great Galactic War in 3653 BBY. 900 BBY was additionally the same as 100 after the Ruusan Reformation and 865 before the Great ReSynchronization (BrS), a year-notation system established in 35 BBY. The year was part of an era known as the Great Peace of the Republic, which began with the Ruusan Reformation one hundred years before. In that period of time, the Republic further explored the Deep Core and charted regions of the galaxy that were then considered Wild Space, but which later became incorporated into the Outer Rim Territories.
The Republic continued to expand, and the Great Peace of the Republic lasted for nearly nine hundred more years. Economic forces began to shape the Republic, as companies established the Corporate Sector from star systems acquired in the Tingel Arm.
Under the leadership of the Quintad, Eriadu became an industrial powerhouse, the site of prestigious shipyards and the very model of an ambitious Rimworld. The planet became a polluted factory world, and due to the increase of oceanic acidity, the flow-mollusk, a species that produced the material for Eriadu's delicate shellwork jewelry, became extinct.
- The Quintad, five families native to the planet Corulag, emigrated to Eriadu. (Approximate date)
Behind the scenesEdit
The year 900 BBY was first mentioned in Wizards of the Coast's 2004 roleplaying game supplement book Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, in which Eriadu received an entry. In 2010, The Essential Atlas also mentioned the year in its description of Eriadu and slightly expanded the impact of the Quintad's industrial expansions.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia establishes the endpoints of this era as 1000 BBY and 22 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Essential Atlas states that the Battle of Yavin occurred in year 35, which is the zero point of the BBY/ABY year-notation system, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Great ReSynchronization's year-notation system is thirty-five years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 The Essential Atlas, p. 52, 59, 120, 134–135
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, p. 46
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The New Essential Chronology, p. 27, 30
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 363 ("Great Peace of the Republic")