|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
The following events took place in 9 BBY.
- The Cirra Mace was stolen by an irate Seela, a heretic-outcast of the Aramandi species. The Seela thief was caught before escaping the Aramand Cluster, but not before the mace was sold to an unknown third party. The Cirra Mace disappeared for fifteen years. (Approximate date)
- Dash Rendar entered the Imperial Academy.
- The Stormtrooper Corps stopped exclusively using clones and allowed non-clone recruits.
- A groundquake crumbled the Chadra-Fan civilization, converting those that survived into spacefaring nomads.
- The HWK-290 light freighter that would become Moldy Crow was manufactured.
- Sienar Fleet Systems purchased the patents and production rights to the Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor and Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing starfighter from Kuat Systems Engineering.
- Luke Skywalker contracted a case of dust fever.
- An entire village of settlers on Coveway was killed by the new Imperial garrison's commander, killing Jak Bremen's wife and daughter while he was away on a hunting trip.
- "The Princess Leia Diaries"—Star Wars Tales 11
- "Sandstorm"—Star Wars Tales 15
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Indirect mention only)
- Allegiance (Mentioned only)
- Secrets of the Sisar Run (Indirect mention only)
- "From the Files of Corellia Antilles"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare and The New Essential Chronology establish the endpoints of this era as 19 BBY and 4 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi Volume 2—Prisoner of Bogan establishes the year 36,453 BBY as the date of the Tho Yor Arrival, which is the zero point of the Tho Yor Arrival dating system, meaning the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the TYA year-notation system is 36,453 years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Great Hyperspace War began in 5000 BBY, which is 1,347 BTC in Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Timeline, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the calendar based on the Treaty of Coruscant is 3,653 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Ruusan Reformation occurred in 1000 BBY, which is the zero point of the calendar based on the Ruusan Reformation, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Ruusan Reformation's year-notation system is 1,000 years. This date is derived using simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas places the Battle of Yavin, the zero point in the Galactic Standard Calendar, in 35:3 under the Great ReSynchronization dating system. The Essential Atlas also places the Battle of Selaggis on 43:2:28 and the Battle of Dathomir on 43:3:21. The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas both place the Battle of Dathomir in 8 ABY. The Essential Guide to Warfare also places the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, confirming the placement of the division between each Galactic Standard Calendar year as the third month in the Great ReSynchronization year. Thus, there is a two-month gap between the two dating systems, and the first two months of a GrS year are the last two of the preceding Galactic Standard Calendar year. The Great ReSynchronization was instituted in 35 BBY, so there is a total difference of 35 years and 2 months between the two systems. This article's date is therefore derived from simple math based on this reference explanation.
- ↑ Secrets of the Sisar Run, p. 22
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ "From the Files of Corellia Antilles"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- ↑ Allegiance
- ↑ "Sandstorm"—Star Wars Tales 15
- ↑ X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar
In other languages