- "A cargo carrier, then. There's one coming now—just behind that Trast speeder truck."
- ―Talon Karrde
Trast Heavy Transports' A-A5 speeder truck was designed to transport heavy cargo across rough worlds, and was covered in armored plates to protect it and its cargo from harsh environmental conditions.
The A-A5 speeder truck was manufactured by Trast Heavy Transports as a repulsorlift long-distance cargo transport. It measured 21.4 meters in length, and consisted of two sections; the cab and the cargo bay. A-A5s had a ground clearance of three meters, and could reach speeds of one hundred and sixty kilometers an hour. A-A5s were covered in armor as strong as some light military vehicles.
The A-A5 only required a single pilot, but the cab had room for a crew of three. This was to allow the crew to alternating driving duties so as to extend the distance the vehicle could travel without stopping. Each cab featured two folding bunks attached to the back wall. An enclosed cargo bay could carry 25,000 kilograms of cargo, as well as twenty-five passengers who were seated on fold-out benches along the top of the bay. A weeks worth of consumables were carried aboard. A-A5s cost between 13,600 and 30,500 credits to buy new; used vehicles could retail for anywhere between 7,850 and 8,250 credits.
A-A5 speeder trucks were designed to ferry cargo over long distances through rough terrain, usually among the uncivilized planet of the Outer Rim Territories. Many were modified by militias and insurgents with heavier armor plating to act as armored personnel carriers.
The Alliance to Restore the Republic used speeder trucks like the A-A5 as troop transports. Despite being used as combat vehicles, A-A5s were unarmed, as they were never intended to actually enter a combat zone. Some vehicles, however, "acquired" weapons including blaster rifles, repeating blasters, or grenade launchers hand-mounted to the body by the crews. The practice was disliked by Alliance High Command as they felt that such actions resulted in the crews taking risks they should not.
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion (As "Speeder Truck")
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Introductory Adventure Game (as Armored Repulsorlift Transport)
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- ↑ Secrets of Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "