Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Though much heavier than Imperial-issue rifles such as the E-11, the A280 was a sturdy weapon and was reputed to be able to cut a fully-armored stormtrooper in half at medium range. This weapon, along with its predecessor, the DLT-20A, were marketed as Longblasters. The A280 was different from the DLT-20A in that its galven circuits were clustered near the focusing crystal, giving the weapon a slight bulge at the midsection. This also provided the A280 with more power over a longer range.
During the final years of the Republic the A280 was standard issue rifle for the Planetary Security Forces.The A280 was the standard blaster rifle for Ranulph Tarkin's Republic Outland Regions Security Force. After the Declaration of a New Order, the A280 became available for the Black market. Several of these rifles were stolen by Janse for the Alliance to Restore the Republic when he left BlasTech shortly before the Battle of Endor. The Alliance had already been using these weapons prior to this battle; Rebel soldiers wielded them during the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
The BlasTech A280 blaster rifle prop was based on the AR-15 series of rifles as an attempt to replicate the overall appearance of the A295 blaster rifle, which was built from the World War II-era German StG44 Sturmgewehr rifle. Many of the cosmetic features that assisted in this goal were made from stock parts of the Sussex Armoury "Jackal" air rifle.[source?]
The depiction of the A280 has varied over different sources. The image used in this article is that from Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary. Another version was depicted in the Endor Limited expansion of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game, and yet another in its original appearance in the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.
- Rebel Dawn
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Rebel Force: Renegade
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Abduction
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Marooned"—Star Wars Tales 22
- "First Contact"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- "The Saga Begins"—The DarkStryder Campaign (First mentioned)
- The Last Command
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (As "A280")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: A280 Sharpshooter Rifle)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Lieutenant Greeve)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Corporal Janse)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (REB5, Rebel Troops)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 10
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: A280 Blaster Rifle)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition
- Fly Casual (Picture only)