During the Galactic Republic's final years, the A280 blaster rifles were commonly used by local planetary forces which made them readily available on the black market, thus the Rebel Alliance acquired them with ease, and began to utilize it throughout their fight against the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The A280 blaster rifle first appeared in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, a 1980 film as a weapon prop used by the Rebel Alliance. Although the name was never given on-screen, the reference book Ultimate Star Wars published in April 28, 2015 confirmed "A280 blaster rifle" as a canon name for the weapon. In Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure, it is referred to as a A-280.
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Part III
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Part IV
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 5: Vader, Part V
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part I
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part III
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as A280 blaster rifle)