The Aural-Biological-Chemical Scrambler, or ABC scrambler, was an antipersonnel sensory disorientation device often employed by bounty hunters.
The ABC scrambler was a modified version of an Imperial Army anti-ordnance EM probe. It was designed to emit a full spectrum of ultrasonics, biological irritants, and chemical agents over a wide area when fired. These combined effects would disorient an opponent, effectively producing a massive sensory overload lasting for several minutes. The launch tube typically cost 3,000 credits, while each pod costing 300 credits. The tube could only hold one pod at a time. ABC scramblers were also used as a defensive countermeasure by some bounty hunters to protect them from guided missiles and other projectiles. Worn on the belt or attached to armor, the ABC scrambler emitted false audio, biological, and chemical signals to interfere with guided missiles. Loronar Corporation manufactured the ABX-110 Tube-Launched ABC Scrambler during the Galactic Civil War.
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters (As "ABC Scrambler")
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "ABC Scrambler")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (as "Aural-Biological-Chemical Scrambler")
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Scum and Villainy
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett