The AEG-77 Vigo was a transport vessel of the criminal Black Sun organization that was also used by Xizor Transport Systems and other organizations and individuals at the time of the Galactic Civil War. Some ships were heavily modified for use as convoy escorts.
The ship provided lots of space for passengers and cargo. Its interior included three decks connected by two elevators, an observation room, a large bridge, a recreation room, an engineering room, and a cargo hold. Modified versions were equipped with two forward mounted guns, four top mounted turrets, and two bottom mounted turrets.
The AEG-77 Vigo was originally used as light defended transport vessels by the Black Sun and also later by other organizations, including Xizor Transport Systems and the Hutt cartels. As they became known for their light weaponry, more and more transports were attacked and captured by pirate gangs, especially those smuggling valuable cargo for Black Sun. To counter this threat to its profits, Black Sun decided to modify some of their cargo transports into heavily defended gunships that would act as escorts for the rest of their convoys.
Behind the scenesEditThis gunship was introduced in the Jump to Lightspeed expansion of Star Wars Galaxies as an NPC ship.The name of the vessel was suggested by forum member "Zion" on the pilot board of the official Galaxies forums, while the description was provided by forum member "Halyn" after developer Thomas Eidson asked the pilot community for suggestions.  One of the original suggestions by HanseSOE was "Blacksun Z4 Gunboat".
Although a detailed interior for the ship was added to the game files in 2005, it was not seen in-game until January 2008 with the release of the Chapter 8 update when it became a multiplayer ship available to freelance ace pilots. It was one of several ships made playable in Chapter 8 along with the X4 Gunship, the Ye-4 gunship, and the N-1 starfighter.
(First identified as AEG-77 Vigo)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: AEG-77 Vigo Gunship)
- Strongholds of Resistance (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Blacksun Neutral Gunboat Name, posting by HanseSOE on the official Star Wars Galaxies forums]
- ↑ Blacksun Neutral Gunboat Name, posting by HanseSOE on the official Star Wars Galaxies forums]
- ↑ http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=501317
- ↑ Black Sun Transport thread on the official Star Wars Galaxies forums
- ↑ Chapter 8 Notes for Jan 15 2008