|AG-2G quad laser cannon|
|Usage and history|
The Corellian Engineering Corporation AG-2G quad laser cannon was a powerful laser cannon, two of which were installed on the top and bottom of the Millennium Falcon by Lando Calrissian and modified by Han Solo. Imperial Lancer-class frigates mounted twenty of these quad laser cannons, for use against fast-moving starfighters.
The cannons drew power directly from the Falcon's Quadex power core. Enhanced power cyclers, high-volume gas feeds, and custom-modified laser actuators (with larger energization crystals) greatly increased the cannon's energy output, and the weapon could destroy a TIE fighter with a single shot. Enhanced cooling packs and compressors allowed for prolonged fire without the risk of overheating. The splitter coupling dispersed the energy beam, forcing the target's shields to deflect energy simultaneously from two hits and increasing the likelihood of overloading the shields and inflicting greater damage.
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: ) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 51 (LAS2-4, Laser Cannons)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Millennium Falcon: A 3-D Owner's Guide
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- The Essential Guide to Warfare