| Production information
19.85 meters (wingspan)
3.81 meters (flight configuration)
The ARC-170 starfighter was a heavy-duty model of starfighter in use by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. During the Battle of Coruscant, Clone Commander Odd Ball led a squad to protect Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi on their mission to rescue the Supreme Chancellor. Several participated in the Battle of Cato Neimoidia and shot down Jedi Plo Koon when Sheev Palpatine ordered them to execute Order 66. During the early years of the Galactic Empire, ARC-170s continued to see use in the Imperial Navy. It was a successor to the Z-95 Headhunter and the predecessor of the X-wing starfighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ARC-170 was named after "ART-170," the title of the artwork form by concept artist Ryan Church that inspired the finalized design. Originally, it was referred to simply as a "clone fighter" in the script for Revenge of the Sith.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (Appears in "Newsreel" only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Kanan: The Last Padawan 3
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness" (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces" (Wreckage only)
- (First identified as ARC-170 starfighter)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Set: 75072 ARC-170 Starfighter)