The ASP general purpose droid, also known as ASP-Series Droid or simply the ASP droid, was a line of labor droids that were used to perform manual tasks throughout the galaxy. K0-5D was one such droid, though he was modified into a pit fighter. A specific model within the ASP line was the ASP-7 droid, which notably saw use on Tatooine at the time of the Galactic Civil War.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ASP general purpose droid first appeared in Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, a 1996 Star Wars Legends multimedia project, where it was known as the ASP-series droid. The model, but not its name, became canon when it appeared in the 1997 special edition re-release of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. It was eventually identified as the ASP general purpose droid in K0-5D's entry in the now-discontinued Encyclopedia, providing it with a canon name.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Post-1997 releases)
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Insider 169
- (First identified as ASP general purpose droid)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (First identified as ASP-Series Droid)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- (First identified as ASP droid)