AT-AT pilots were Imperial combat drivers specialized in operating the Imperial Army's AT-AT walkers. Operating in groups of two, they operated the walker's driving and firing controls, and were overseen by a commander who also occupied the walkers cockpit.
Uniform and equipmentEdit
AT-AT pilots wore specialized insulated suits on frozen planets such as Hoth. These suits were designed to protect their wearer if their AT-ATs pressurized cockpit was compromised, along with the AT-ATs lack of climate control. Pilots wore an all-white insulated jumpsuit along with white boots and driving gauntlets. Along with sporting a reinforced helmet and life-support pack on their chest, pilots also had a standard blaster pistol, thermal detonators and grenades for potential ground-based encounters.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- "Vulnerable Areas"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 17
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Princess on Lothal"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron 8: The Gathering Storm, Part I (Helmet only)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy (First identified as AT-AT driver)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- (First identified as AT-AT pilot)