- "Don't just dream about applying for the Academy, make it come true. Do you think you've got what it takes to be an Imperial recruit? Don't miss your chance to join the Imperial Academy and join the ranks of the proud. If you have the right stuff to take on the Universe, enter the AT-ST training now."
- ―Imperial PR announcer
The AT-ST Training Program was a program issued by the Imperial Academy that allowed people to train on how to operate an All Terrain Scout Transport. It acted as an entrance exam to enter the Imperial Academy. One of its locations was on Tatooine in the Outer Rim, near Tosche Station.
The AT-ST Training Program had three mandatory parts:
- The first part involved practicing the controls of the walker to have it move;
- The second involved testing its blaster firepower;
- The final part had the trainee target droids that were released into the area, with the number being requested to be destroyed being ten.
Upon completion of the training, the trainee was then told to dispatch an application form to the Screening office of their sector of the Imperial Space Academy.
- "Congratulations. You have successfully completed the testing procedure. Dispatch your application to, Screening Office, Imperial Space Academy, your sector."
- ―Imperial recruiter to Luke Skywalker upon the latter completing the training program
At an unknown period during the Galactic Civil War, Luke Skywalker participated in the AT-ST Training Program on Tatooine. This would later backfire on the Imperials, when Skywalker utilized an AT-ST during the Defense of Ralltiir to aid in evacuating the scientists from the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
The AT-ST Training Program appeared in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike as part of the tutorial mission, "Tatooine Training." It acted as a tutorial for playing as an AT-ST, due to Rebel Strike featuring its gameplay. It takes place between the Landspeeder tutorial and the Swoop Bike tutorial.
Although the training effectively ends upon completing the easy version of Droid Hunt, the player can optionally complete all of the remaining Droid Hunt situations, up to hard difficulty. Completing all of them will unlock the Landspeeder for the duration of the mission.