"A Day to Celebrate" was a song created by the Wookiees of Kashyyyk as a celebratory hymn for Life Day. It allowed Wookiees who couldn't attend their homeworld to celebrate in some small way, wherever they happened to be.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The show ends with a tearful reunion with Chewbacca and family. Everyone gathers round as Carrie Fisher sings the Life Day song. This is pure torture, not because Fisher can't sing, but because it's so schmaltzy. Lyrics set to the tune of the Star Wars theme? Yeecchh!"
- ―Jon Bradley Snyder
"A Day to Celebrate" was performed by Carrie Fisher in The Star Wars Holiday Special. It features lyrics written by Ken and Mitzie Welch, set to a rearranged version of the Star Wars main theme by John Williams. According to writer Bruce Vilanch, Fisher insisted on being able to sing in the Holiday Special, and even performed a few songs for him on piano. The original recording of the song was featured on a CD included with the 2007 book The Star Wars Vault.
- "The Star Wars Holiday Special"—Star Wars Insider 23
- The Star Wars Vault
- "A Long Time Ago...."—Star Wars Insider 104 (Indirect mention only)
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider 106 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Life Day promotional scenario)