|A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (Second Edition)|
Ralph McQuarrie (cover)
The second edition of A Guide to the Star Wars Universe is a reference book written by Bill Slavicsek and published in 1994. It was a revised and expanded version of the earlier first edition and was later followed by a third edition.
The book alphabetically details people, places, things, and events in the Star Wars universe. Most of the entries are quite short, the longest being a little over two pages. Each entry is divided into G-canon and Expanded Universe information, and has sources cited. The second edition also included a brief timeline, and a comparison of sublight speeds in starfighters.
- Who or what was Salacious Crumb?
- When were Spaarti cloning cylinders developed, and why did it take a year to grow a healthy clone?
- What is stored within the ancient artifact called the Jedi Holocron?
- Who owned the Millenium [sic] Falcon before Han Solo, and how did it change hands?
- What is otherspace?
- What was Grand Admiral Thrawn's objective in the battle of Sluis Van?
Looking for facts about the characters, armament, starships, planets, alien species, or battles in the most exciting adventure of them all? You'll find the whole universe of Star Wars covered here:
- The original Star Wars movies
- Novels – from Star Wars to The Last Command
- TV movies and specials
- The animated TV series "Droids" and "Ewoks"
- National Public Radio dramatizations
- Young Adult novels
- The Dark Empire comic books
- Role-playing games
…plus sourcebooks, storybooks, sketchbooks, portfolios, and more!
This second edition is revised and expanded, with 50% new material. It will become your one and only guide to the events of a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…
While the book's list of articles is divided into categories, the main body of the book is only alphabetized, with no further categorization.
Alien creatures, species, familiesEdit
Battles, wars, historical eventsEdit
- Battle of Endor, The
- Battle of Calamari, The
- Battle of Hoth, The
- Battle of Taanab, The
- Battle of Yavin, The
- Clone Wars
- Galactic Civil War, The
- Kanz Disorders
- Third Battle of Vontor, The
Characters and character's namesEdit
Devices and thingsEdit
Droids, names and typesEdit
Food, medicines, chemicalsEdit
- avabush spice
- elba beer
- Norvanian grog
- R'alla mineral water
- Tibanna gas
Geology, plant lifeEdit
- Adegan crystals
- Asaari tree
- Ch'hala tree
- Fungus of the Rokna tree
- Gimer stick
- Ilum crystals
- Kaiburr Crystal
- Light dust
- Soul trees
- Spirit tree
- Tentacle bush
- Tree of Light
- Wroshyr trees
Places, worlds, customs, institutionsEdit
Terminology, slang, colloquialisms, and other abstractionsEdit
Vehicles and vesselsEdit