A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker is a young adult novel written by Ryder Windham. It was released on September 1, 2009 and follows the same style as previous biographies such as The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader and The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi. A preview of Rebel Force: Target is included at the back of the book.
Hidden away at birth, he would believe himself an orphan. Watched over by a mysterious hermit, he would discover incredible abilities. And by finding hope where others found only evil, he would restore balance to the galaxy.
While accompanying Princess Leia to the world of Aridus to convince the native Chubbits to join the fledgling New Republic several months after the Battle of Endor, Luke Skywalker looks back on his life up to that point.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker references many stories from other Star Wars sources, including:
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Pirates of Tarnoonga"
- Luke Skywalker's Walkabout
- Star Wars 17: Crucible
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- The Star Wars Radio Dramatization
- Darth Vader Strikes
- The Night Beast
- The Return of Ben Kenobi
- The Paradise Detour
- Star Wars 18: The Empire Strikes
- Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat
- Rebel Force: Target
- Empire: The Wrong Side of the War
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Tatooine Ghost