The Aa'kuans were a group of anarchists that settled on Corellia who believed they had the right to govern themselves and that no authority had the right to invade other sentients' individual space.
Their social doctrines being based on anarchy, the Aa'kuans did not believe in the concept of government. Their center of operations was a cave on Talus, known as the Aa'kuan Champion's Cave. Generally pacifists, they would only fight when they needed to defend their territory. They had also developed supply channels to provide themselves with goods without depending on any government.
The overall conviction of the Aa'kuans was anarchistic. They believed that individuals had the right to govern themselves and that no authority—specifically, no government—should invade anyone's individual space. They believed in personal freedom, but were mostly pacifist unless sufficiently provoked. However, simply being an unwelcome visitor in their territory was considered sufficient provocation to them, so they were especially dangerous to the uninformed. Their beliefs, although extreme by most standards, were very prevalent in the independent-minded Corellia system. The Aa'kuans took their name from the Old Corellian term 'aa'kua', meaning respect—or literally, "respecting space".
Behind the scenesEdit
The Aa'kuans are one of the many factions players may gain or lose points with in Star Wars Galaxies.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- CorSec Database A-G
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Aakuan")
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Aa'kuan Champion)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Aa'kuan Keeper)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Aa'kuan Steward)