- "Sometimes it takes courage to stick to one's beliefs, young Padawan."
- ―Aayla Secura, to Ahsoka Tano
Aayla Secura was a female Twi'lek Jedi Master who served as a Jedi General during the Clone Wars. She had received the rank of Jedi Knight at some point before the war, making her a Jedi general at its onset. She worked closely along with Commander CC-5052, whom she referred to as Bly, as leader of the 327th Star Corps. By the end of the war she had been promoted from Knight to Master. She fought during the Battle of Geonosis, which she survived, and on a number of other battlefields throughout the war, including Quell, Coruscant, and Felucia.
Towards the end of the war, during the Battle of Felucia, Secura was suddenly killed by her clone troopers when Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine executed Order 66, thus commanding the extinction of all Jedi throughout the Galaxy. Her death was felt by Grand Master Yoda on Kashyyyk, and witnessed in a Force vision by Master Depa Billaba and Padawan Caleb Dume on Kaller.
Genesis of the Clone WarsEditplanet Geonosis to rescue Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, his padawan Anakin Skywalker and the Senator Padmé Amidala. She took part in a skirmish that took place in the Geonosian arena and was one of only a handful of Jedi to survive. She later led her squad of Clone troopers into the battle that led to the galaxy-wide conflict known as the Clone Wars.
The Clone Wars Edit
Battle of QuellEdit
However, her fleet then came under attack at Quell when her flagship was falling into the atmosphere and rocket droids were boarding her ship. She and Bly fought them off until Skywalker, his apprentice Ahsoka and Captain Rex arrived to rescue her and Bly. Secura and the others then fought their way to Skywalker frigate. However, en route, Secura and the others were pushed out of the way of an explosion by Skywalker. The explosion badly injured him. Secura then helped Ahsoka get Skywalker aboard the frigate. As they tried to dock with the Resolute, the hyper-drive was then activated and Secura ordered Admiral Yularen to detach. She then ordered Ahsoka to assist Bly in flying the frigate before it collides with a star. Secura then ordered the power to be turned off, despite the risk to Skywalker. However, she was pushed away from the switch but was able to use the force to turn the power back on. They crashed on Maridun.After the crash, Secura then decided to find help and ordered Ahsoka to accompany her, Bly, Cameron, Lucky, and Flash to do so. Enroute, Secura could Ahsoka's confusion about the Jedi Code concerning attachments. Secura assured that it was nothing to be ashamed of that she went through the same thing with her own master, but in time she learned to let go. Secura and her group then came under attack by Mastiff phalones that killed three of her troopers. She, Ahsoka and Bly then find a village of Lurmen. Secura then asked the village elder Tee Watt Kaa for aid but is refused. However, hearing of their friends plight, he allows his son to go with Ahsoka and Bly to treat him as long as Secura stays at the village. Secura and Tee Watt Kaa then discuss how the Jedi did not star the war and only have the intention to restore peace to the galaxy. Aayla, Skywalker, Ahsoka, Rex and Bly were then forced to leave the village when Separatist General Lok Durd arrived and searched the village for contraband. Secura then destroyed a scout droid and found Durd's base. There she witnessed Durd's secret weapon, the Defoliator tank, and rescued Bly from it's effects. Secura and Skywalker decide to steal Durd's shuttle and then stop Durd from using it on the Lurmen village, despite Tee Watt Kaa's wishes. Secura and Ahsoka then snuck into the base, destroyed the droids left there and took the shield generators. Secura and the others then returned to village and set up a barrier and a shield around despite Tee Watt Kaa's objections. She and the others then fought against Durd's Squad until Skywalker disable Durd and his weapon and Lurmen helped them. Secura then took Durd and Pune Zignat into their custody aboard their shuttle just as the Republic fleet.
Secura was in the Jedi Temple's communications center when Cad Bane infiltrated the Temple to steal a Holocron. Secura then aided Yoda in distracting the Zillo beast while Skywalker worked on a plan to save himself, the Chancellor, Senator Amidalla, C-3PO, and R2-D2.
Secura later went with Masters Windu, Kenobi, Tiplee and Commander Wolffe to investigate the recent battle on Ord Mantell. She and Master Windu then assisted Masters Kenobi and Tiplee in fighting Darth Maul and Count Dooku. After Tiplee was killed, Secura then left Maul's ship with prisoners.
Order 66EditShortly after the Battle of Coruscant, Secura was sent to the exotic Outer Rim planet of Felucia, along with Clone Commander Bly, and she and her troops combatted Separatist forces. Once there, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine issued contingency Order 66, calling for the extermination of all Jedi throughout the galaxy. Bly, having received the orders, ordered his fellow clones to open fire on the Twi'lek Jedi. Secura, who was distracted at the time, was unable to even draw her lightsaber before being killed by the troops she had trusted and even risked her life for. They continued to fire their blasters at her corpse once she had fallen.
Grand Master Yoda felt the death of Secura and many other fellow Jedi while on Kashyyyk, which allowed him to defend himself and escape. Master Depa Billaba, who was meditating then, witnessed Secura as one of those killed in a Force vision, which she shared with her Padawan Caleb Dume on Kaller. She sacrificed herself soon after so Dume could survive.
Behind the scenesEdit
Aayla Secura was portrayed by Amy Allen in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. She was voiced by Jennifer Hale in The Clone Wars TV series with a French-type accent.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (Vision to Yoda)
- Star Wars: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Kanan 2: The Last Padawan, Part II: Flight (Vision to Caleb Dume)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Kanan 2: The Last Padawan, Part II: Flight
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith