Abednedo was a planet located in the galaxy's Colonies region that was the homeworld of the sentient Abednedo species, whose ancestors evolved underground and carved out tunnel-dens to create massive cathedrals housing tens of thousands of family units. The species eventually took to living on the planet's surface and constructed sprawling metropolises bristling with ornamental spires, flagpoles, and riotously colored carvings. While these cities struck outlanders as chaotic, the Abednedos found them endless sources of amusement and interest. In the aftermath of the Battle of Endor, the Galactic Empire occupied Abednedo due to its natives' New Republic sympathies and damaged the planet using a climate disruption array during Operation: Cinder, a contingency plan issued posthumously by Emperor Sheev Palpatine. Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Brasmon Kee represented Abednedo in the New Republic Senate. Another Abednedo Ello Asty, a male Abednedo pilot who flew for the New Republic and later the Resistance, was from this world.
Behind the scenesEdit
Abednedo was first mentioned in Shattered Empire, Part IV, the fourth and final issue of Marvel Comics' Star Wars: Shattered Empire miniseries, which was written by Greg Rucka with art by Marco Checchetto and released on October 21, 2015.
- Shattered Empire, Part IV (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First pictured)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Shattered Empire, Part IV
- ↑ Shattered Empire, Part II
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ↑ Bloodline
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ JOURNEY STAR WARS FASE #4 (OF 4). PREVIEWSworld. Retrieved on October 11, 2015.