Abregado was a fiery red star located in the Abregado system of the galaxy's Core Worlds that was orbited by the planet Abregado-Rae. It was the site of the Battle of Abregado, an early battle of the Clone Wars where the Separatist Subjugator-class heavy cruiser Malevolence single-handedly annihilated an entire Republic fleet, which resulted in the formation of a debris field in orbit of Abregado comprised of starship wreckage.
Behind the scenesEdit
Abregado first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in the opening newsreel of "Ambush," the first episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on October 3, 2008. The sun was given the name Abregado in the StarWars.com's episode guide for "Rising Malevolence," the second episode of The Clone Wars' first season, which also aired on October 3, 2008. It was originally introduced as Anza in Coruscant and the Core Worlds, a Star Wars Legends sourcebook for the Star Wars Roleplaying Game that was released on January 1, 2003. Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game, released in August of 2016, placed Abregado-Rae, and as a result Abregado, on grid square K-13.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- (First identified as Abregado)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game — Based on the map placement of Abregado-Rae
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 (Slide 1)
- ↑ Per the Audio Description for "Rising Malevolence" available on Netflix.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ Coruscant and the Core Worlds