Palpatine, author of Absolute Power
- "The writings I have collected in this volume appear in their original forms. Many are fragments of what once were longer works, but the preservation of what remains is less important than the recognition of how they led me to my new vision of the Sith order."
- ―Darth Sidious
Absolute Power was a series of books composed by the Dark Lord of the Sith and Galactic Emperor Darth Sidious. The Sith Lord penned down many of his own beliefs and his theories in regards to his focus on his rise to power as well as the steps to assure his own immortality.
Darth Sidious penned down his rise to power from Senator to Emperor, expressing his theories and regarding how he engineered the Clone Wars and his plans for his Rule of One. This compendium of Sith writing was included in his Book of Sith, a collection of dark side texts.
The journal included the following volumes:
- The Book of Anger—Of the harnessing of the Force though emotion and anger.
- The Weakness of Inferiors—Of the way to compel the weak-minded to do one's bidding through the use of the Force rather than through violence.
- The Creation of Monsters—Of the proper mastering of the Sith alchemy to produce fearsome creatures altered by the dark side.
- The False War—Of the role of the Clone Wars in the implementation of Darth Bane's Grand Plan.
- The Useful Bureaucrats—Of the way Palpatine manipulated many important figures and events that contributed to his rise to power, also making a minor statement of the role of his own master, Darth Plagueis.